Jake's brilliant mother, you know, the one who is a professional photographer, managed to forget her camera in the car. So I had nothing to record Jake's first glimpse of racing pigs, no photos of the look of sheer terror when he saw a (really ugly) turkey live and in person ("Oh no! Mommy what happened him?"), no pictures of him meeting and petting a half-dozen live baby deer, not a single image of him riding round and round with squeals of delight as he sat in the car of the kiddie rides. Nope, not me. I left my camera in the car.
Luckily, some of the amusements at the fair capitalized on the forgetfulness of parents, an offered (and by offered, I mean charged willingly) to take photographs of your child enjoying themselves and printed the photos before your very eyes!
I present for your viewing pleasure, the trifecta of cuteness:

Yes, this is Jake. In a basket. With a baby piglet. And a baby deer. I mean, REALLY??!! Do you know what torture it was to see this image unfolding before my eyes and NOT having a camera to document this??
And we also got a picture of Jake and myself with an enormous Clydesdale horse. Jake was rather vocal about the fact that this was DEFINITELY a boy horse. If you get my drift.

I've been a little better about remembering my camera now after this debacle. ;)


4 comments:
That looks tons of fun!
That picture of Jake in the basket is adorable!
Thank goodness they capitalized on the forgetfulness of parents! The deer and the piglet look like it's just another day in a basket with a toddler... :) Too cute.
Crazy that they charge you money for taking pictures! Man oh man.
But, at least you have some pictures now for the memory bank, right?
Looks like a great time! I love fairs.
Post a Comment