I've been meaning to post pictures, I really have. Actually, if you want pictures, head over to my photo blog! ;) Sorry, shameless snarky plug. I
Anyway, here are some lovely images taken by the lovely people at Disney, who were hoping I would buy these pictures instead of just taking a screen shot and posting them on my poor neglected blog. Sorry. As a photographer, I should know better. Should.
As with every single other picture of Jake ever taken by a 'professional' other than myself, Jake looks thrilled:




Okay, he actually does look really happy here:



I PROMISE other Disney pics will be coming soon. Geedah and Peepa gave me their memory cards to download, so I HAVE the pictures, I just need to edit and post them. Thanks again, so very much, Mom & Dad, for taking Jake to Disney. I know he will remember this trip for years - he STILL hasn't stopped talking about it!


5 comments:
Okay...DISH! How did he do in the long lines? Did he have naps? Take potty breaks? Eat anything? These are reasons why we haven't taken ours yet. That, and I am not a glutton for punishment. One of ours doesn't really trust rides yet and enjoys having frequent and loud tantrums. Oh, and Connor isn't much better. Do tell about Jake's experience!
Hey Kristin! I meant to email to thank you so much for your kind words on my photo blog recently - you are such a good friend :)
So I have NO IDEA how Jake did with those things at Disney - he went alone with Grandma & Grandpa! We stayed in NY and had a mini-kid-free-vacation at home :)
Maybe I will let Geedah or Peepa answer that question here.....
Kristin,
Disney has a fast-pass program that lets you reserve a time at the rides with long lines; you return at the time they give you and go to a separate line that eliminates all but a few minutes of the wait. We did have to wait about 45 minutes to get the photo op with Mickey & Minnie, but they had old cartoons playing (new to Jake) so he was willing to wait. Most of the rides Jake liked all had short lines.
Naps were a challenge- would have been a plus to stay on the Disney property.
Food was easy- Jake's favorite meal is breakfast- that was included where we stayed.
It was a treat to see his excitement at experiencing Disney World for the first time. The relatively simple things like the monorail were a treat to Jake. We'd do it again in a minute...but need to save up for another year to afford it again! If you're considering a visit to any Disney property, check out Mousesaver.com- excellent resource with great money saving tips!
"Peepa"
Thanks Peepa! :)
Sorry, I just saw this! I did know about the fast pass system, but I didn't know they had that for little kid rides. Good to know! Thanks, Peepa! :)
Post a Comment