Tuesday, November 03, 2009

First cup of hot chocolate


We're at the diner, my young date and I, playing Tic Tac Toe and sipping warm cups of hot chocolate. I'm amazed at how big of a boy Jake has grown into in three and a half years. His little sister dances in my belly, and I can't help but wonder how much life is about to change. 15 more weeks to go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like just yesterday he was using a sippy cup. Won't be too long until he asks for his own Starbucks card...even if it's only used for chocolate milk ( or hot chocolate) for the time being!

Peepa

Kelly said...

Dad, funny enough, when Jake woke up this morning, the first thing he asked (bellowed from his room) was: "Where's my hot chocolate?" We went there 2 days ago. When I told him that he thought for a minute then yelled from his room: "I wanna go to Starbucks!"

Anonymous said...

Howard Schultz ( raised in a Brooklyn housing project- earned over $9 MM in 2008) would be proud!