Thursday, May 06, 2010

Funny Jake Anecdote

I'm in the car with Jake and Alex, and I finally got to listen to MY station for once - Oprah Radio XM156 (instead of Hair Nation XM41, the 80's hard-rock hair band station Jake prefers...I wish I was kidding). So we're listening to Oprah, and they say a promo for tomorrow's show:

Oprah: "Tomorrow, all NEW. Four brothers found living in hell, nearly starved to death by their parents...."

I quickly reach to change the channel.

Jake, excitedly: "Are they talking about the Jonas Brothers?!"

Me: "Uh, I don't think so kiddo."

4 comments:

Peepa said...

Well, at least he's not hearing any Jonas Brothers on Hair Nation!

Kelly said...

I saw the irony in that as well!

Kristin said...

Wow! He is a pop culture expert already! How does he know the Jonas Brothers? Are you secretly a fan and refusing to tell your faithful readers, Kelly? ;) Ha! I have to laugh just imagining that.

Kelly said...

I guess now is as good a time as any to admit to having downloaded maybe one, or, ahem, two Jonas Brothers songs at some point...

I think Jake knows who they are from watching Disney Channel. And, um, maybe from hearing them on a CD I made for him. Who knows really.