Someone has recently become very interested in the contents of Mama's toolbox.
Hammer is one of his new favorite words. But today, Jake's professional recommendation while putting together his new Little Tikes Slide was that a little caulk and some pliers would do the trick.

I still referred to the directions
(which-were-five-pages-long-but-only-showed-you-pictures-then-gave-you-warnings-in-every-language-imaginable-but-still-couldn't-tell-you-what-you-were-supposed-to-do-IN-ENGLISH....but I digress...)
6 comments:
Maddy has recently become a fan of the hammer, also. She was having a ball whacking everything, until we removed it from her hands!
Oh, "Mama's" toolbox! Way to go, Kelly! I do not hsve a toolbox. I have a toolhusband. I feign complete ignorance on such matters, just so Prince Charming has to do it. Even though, truth be told, I could probably make a pretty mean birdhouse if I wanted to. But I don't.
Anywhoo, that picture is cute. Looks like he's working the needle-nosed pliers outside? It's the talk of the town here that it's been REAAALLY warm in NY. Is that true?
I'm with MckMama...I am just impressed that Mama has a toolbox! Do you really caulk things???
Yes, it certainly is Mama's toolbox - not to be confused with the imaginary toolbox that belongs to Dada ;)
I've had my own toolbox since before I left for college. It has come in handy a million times in my million moves. Was it my cousin Stephanie (Kyler's mom) that passed on the great advice of being the one girl in your dorm with a toolbox?
So yes, I DO caulk tubs, hang curtain rods, assemble furniture and toys, hammer nails, paint rooms, drive screw, drill holes -- I even learned how to weld in college! I was an art major, and there was one sculpture class where we had to fashion a masterpiece from found metal objects. Can't say I've welded since then, but it's a good skill to know.
Put a mop and bucket in front of me and I am at a total loss however.... ;)
Oh, and yes, MckMama it is NICE and WARM here in NY!!! :) (78 degrees right now)
Kelly.... I have decided that when I get some "time" and some "money" that I am going to come to NY and you are going to mentor me... ok?
lol
I dont have a told box either nor do I plan to have one, I do have a leaky faucet in my kitchen. Do you think Jake has some time to come here and work on that?
Post a Comment