


These are taken with my 'old' Rebel XT ('old', meaning it has been retired from professional service, but is my go-to camera when we go on vacation, or the baby is doing something cute, or we are playing in the backyard). Since I get this question a lot, I will go ahead and tell you all that this is the number one camera I recommend for the advanced hobbyist photographer. There is no better way, photographically speaking, to spend $400. And while you're at it, pick up this lens for another $85. You'll be shooting like a pro in no time! ;)


6 comments:
Oh honestly!
I'm at a loss for words for how adorable this little guy is. I loved the first group of pictures because a) his face b) his growlin' brown towel and c) the shades of yellows in the pictures.
But then you flash us with a B&W and I'm just as in love.
It's eye candy at its finest!
What a little ham! Too cute for words!
****I absolutely love that camera and I finally got the lense too! What a huge difference!! Maybe sometime in the next year I'll post some recent pics!
--Looking forward to hanging out this weekend!
Well, he doesn't look at all cowardly, but he sure doesn't look like he would hurt a flea, either. Unless, of course, that flea was trying to take away his favorite toy/snack/whatever he sees of interest at the moment. Then I'm sure he could throw down with the best of the two-year-olds.
And on the camera, only $400??? I remember asking you the summer after our boys were born for some recommendations on cameras, and I think $300 was my limit then. All the SLRs were way, way, way too expensive (at least where I shopped), and then I picked one from the list I brought with me that you and another friend recommended, and it was a Canon as well, but I don't remember what it was. I was really interested in having a good zoom and using something that it wouldn't take me years to learn; that's really all I know. But I spend upwards of two hours picking one out while Eric entertained the boys to the best of his ability, and then it was out of stock. I don't know if I told you this story before, but it obviously still burns me up. I was determined after spending all that time that I was bringing something home; my old camera had died, and Connor was doing such cute things that I needed to document! That's when the salesgirl pointed me in the direction of the only other one in my price range that had a good (12x) zoom, which I refer to as my Cheesy K to the Easy (Kodak Easy Share, that is). So, that's my sad story, and I had a feeling while forking over the $400 for everything I got at the time that I might not be totally happy with it. Sigh. I did bookmark the page you linked, so if I am frustrated one day, I will know where to spend another wad of cash. :)
P.S. I should have emailed this! Sorry!
Wow, I am in awe of your beautifully composed photos, as always. Although the experience of working at a portrait studio did not make me such a great photographer, it did teach me to recognize a great photo. It, of course, helps that the subject is a squeezy kissy-face.
I would like to achieve more interesting angles, so thanks for the tip on the Canon Rebel tutorials. But, I can't seem to load the page for the $85 lens. Which lens is it? We still have not yet used the Canon but I have powered it up. YES!!
oh, and Kristen, my camera shopping experience was much like yours. After a couple of days of it, my husband and I were singing the "Out of Stock" blues.
Thanks ladies! :)
Tamara - the lens is a Canon 50mm f/1.8 fixed focal length (prime) lens. Search for it on Amazon or similar.
Those lips...
Post a Comment