We've been spending a whole lot of time lately with some of Jake's new friends. Bob & Josh appeared one day after Christmas. They are three-year-old brothers, whom Jake met at a restaurant. They sometimes bring their friend Peanuts to play at our house. Those kids could play Guitar Hero all day long it seems! This morning, I met three more of Jake's new friends, Chris, Steve and Tamins. I was kept busy this morning keeping up with all of the breakfast requests for Chris, Steve & Tamins. All three of them wanted some strawberries, then Tamins wanted cereal (she ate two bowls!) and they all nibbled on Jake's waffles. Jake ended up eating most of my cereal too. What a wild time we had!
I'm including a picture of the whole bunch of us at breakfast this morning. Boy, that Tamins (in the chair closest to the bottom of the picture) is a character, isn't she? LOL.

Wait, you can't see them? Did I forget to mention they are Jake's new imaginary friends? Details, details....
UPDATED: In honor of Kristin's noticing that this is the first time I've shown pictures of our kitchen on the blog (I've taken plenty of pictures IN the kitchen before, just not shown much OF the kitchen), I thought I'd show you all this image. Our kitchen before we moved in (it looked just like this from, say, 1970 until 2007), and our kitchen today. Enjoy! I should post a LOT more to update the other poor neglected blog, you know, once I clean up a bit around here....


5 comments:
What a cute post! Maybe "Peanuts" is my Peanut. ;) Neither of my guys has had imaginary friends, but one of Peanut's friends at kindergarten has one. He told me like everone had one: "Oh, that's just Ian's imaginary friend." Jake looks so proud sitting there surrounded by his posse. :) And I do believe that is our very first kitchen sighting!
What's that poor child eating for breakfast? Looks like the only choice is a platter of cookies!
Nice subtle touch including the iMac box in the lower right corner!
Peepa
Nice, Dad. LOL. No, I don't feed my kid COOKIES for breakfast (as much as he may beg for them!). It's Eggo Mini Waffles, on sale at the local A&P for 99¢. Score!
He also enjoyed his fair share of my strawberries and then acquired his own bowl of Kashi Harvest Cinnamon Wheat cereal after I got sick of sharing mine...
I wondered if anyone would see the iMac box - lol.
Goodness...you have made such amazing transformations in your house! I did keep up with your renovation blog, but I didn't remember the kitchen. Holy difference! I am serious that I think you could have another career as an interior designer. I still just love your bathroom. But every room is really spectacular. If we ever win the lottery, I'd like to make you my consultant!
Jake you are quite a character. I heard from Peepa that you made it very clear the other night that you were not getting off the phone because you weren't done talking to Geeda. You make us all laugh. Keep it up.
Aunt Marianne
Post a Comment