Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ultrasounds and baby names

So this was pretty cool. I had another ultrasound today, and they sent me home with an awesome pic of baby girl's foot!



We have been getting a lot of questions about names. I guess we will go ahead and give you four possible name choices like we did when we were pregnant with Jake. Her first name has been determined for a while, her middle name is still up in the air. If she is, in fact, born on Valentine's Day, her middle name will be Valentine (which is my maiden name). And heck, if she's born on my birthday, Feb 23rd, maybe she'll get Valentine too (I legally changed my middle name to Valentine once I got married, same as my Aunt Marianne, I always thought that was pretty cool).

If it were up to Jake, our daughter's name would be Robert. No thanks.

Okay, so in alphabetical order, here are four possible first names for baby girl Vasami:

Alexandra / Cameron / Devon / Taylor

What's your guess?

14 comments:

Tamara said...

I, for one, vote down Cameron because everyone always thought that was my name when I said "Tamara". I always have to keep repeating it over and over and uniciate every letter to the point that I feel like I a presenter at the Special Olympics.

Alexandra is very cute and I like the unisex quality of Devon and Taylor, though Taylor is my favorite of all of them.

Wait, I just realized that all of the names have a unisex quality...they're all cute, even Cameron, which is what I had secretly always wished my name really was...

Kelly said...

Tamara, funny you should mention they are sorta unisex names. The reason for that is I already slipped to my mother in law and sister in law that the name could technically be a boy's name or a girls name, so the choices here had to reflect that so the surprise wouldn't be spoiled! Lol. I had to look up popular unisex names prior to this post to use as the other names. Either that or I had to post "Sam", "Pat" and "Jo" as the other choices - lol. Didn't think my brilliant readers would buy those choices next to the real McCoy.

Kristin said...

Whoa! Stop the presses! Cameron?!? Now you KNOW I am smiling at that one. But I don't really remember you fussing over my son's name. Hmmmm....For some reason, I just don't buy Devon. But that is popular; I actually have two in the same class this year -- one boy and one girl. Taylor could have been our choice if we had a girl because that is my mom's maiden name, so that was on the table for both my pregnancies. But...since you mentioned that Alexander was a choice when you had Jake, I am thinking you would also like Alexandra. So that is my #1decision, and I choose Taylor as my back-up guess. And BTW, I love the idea of Valentine as a middle name; I was thinking that when I asked the question! It is such a cool name! And thank you for devoting an entire post to my question, Kelly. Ha! Can you tell I am a *little* excited for you?!?!? ;)

Next question...when do we get to see baby bump pics?

Jamie said...

I love them all. I think unisex names are so cute, especially for little girls. My girls ended up being Jalyn and Justice.

Anonymous said...

I DON'T KNOW.... I am thinking Alenandra. Considering it was "sorta" one of the names picked out for Jake. That is my guess. Final answer!

-Jen

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Alexandra not Alenandra!

-Jen

Anonymous said...

Taylor would likely cause Uncle Danny to suffer from perpetual reminders of "overplayed music he doesn't like" syndrome. Devon has geographic connotations to those of us familiar with the Philly Main Line. But it's certainly preferable to Berwyn or Bala Cynwyd! Cameron is interesting- kind of neutral.

But Alexandra is likely the choice. Back to the geography thing- reminiscent of the town where you & Ralph met (could add the missing "i" for authenticity!) Would be a 10 syllable name if you go with Valentine as the middle name. Ali Vasami has a nice ring to it!

Peepa

stos said...

I'm voting with Jake...cuz he's awesome and I personally trust all 3 year-olds. Consider me the second vote for Robert! Heck yeah! ;)

And that foot shoot along with your comments about being kicked are an indication that she is already planning to be an olympic soccer player :)

Lyla's Mommy said...

We had Cameron and Taylor on our list.

I also LOVE Alexandra with Ali or Lexi for short...we had a cat named Lexi so that was OUT for us. : )

My guess is for Alexandra! Can't wait to meet her! : )

Kelly said...

I guess Alexandra or Taylor. I used the name with the possible middle name and I personally don't think Valentine would go with either of the other 2.

Here's to revealing the name to use soon ( :

Rose said...

I think either Taylor or Devon. I think this because you seem to like names that have no "nickname" ie Jake...not short for Jacob, just Jake. You all have shorter, no nickname names and I don't think there are shorter names for those 2.

Aunt Rose

Kelly said...

I have to say I am totally amused with all of the comments and insights here! You gals (...and Peepa) are really putting a lot of brain power into the name debate! :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for Alexandra...obviously! And you can shorten it to Alex! However, I do have a preference for Lexa..he he! Hope you are feeling well! Best wishes from Delaware!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Uncle Bob wants to know what is wrong with Robert:)My vote is for Alexandra Valentine Vasami. Poor kid just wait till she has to learn to write her name. Marianne Valentine was hard enough:) FYI my name never fit into the the little boxes and circles on tests at school!