Thursday, September 10, 2009

We are having a...


So we had the ultrasound this afternoon. We are very excited to announce that we will be welcoming a baby G I R L !

It should be no big surprise to anyone that this is a girl, because this pregnancy has been completely different from when I was pregnant with Jake four years ago.

Morning sickness is starting to fade away, but still pops up 3 or so times a week, though not as severe. We are at week 17, so for those who are counting, this little girl has already given me morning/afternoon/evening sickness for four months straight. Thanks, my precious little miracle ;)

I have just started to feel a few kicks and am happy that we are finally being fit into my doctor's schedule. We had been a few weeks behind (the office is very busy) and are playing catch-up. We will have another appointment and ultrasound in two weeks, so we will get another peek to make doubly sure this is a girl. (Her 'region' looked nothing like what I remember Jake's 'region' looking like - lol.)

7 comments:

~* Emily *~ said...

Again, congratulations! I'm stoked for ya. :) Here's my question though, if Ruthie's your "Little Girl" (here on Jake's Baby Blog), it might take some wordsmithing to come up with a nickname for soon-to-be baby Vasami! You're clever; you'll figure it out. ;)

Kelly said...

She doesn't want me to name her at this point, because it would be something less than favorable, like "My Precious Little Nausea Inducer." Lol.

Hilary said...

Yay!!! Congrats on your baby girl!! I knew it!
I mean, I guessed you were having a girl in your post :)

And it must be a girl thing b/c I was terribly sick until 18 weeks of this pregnancy. Much different than when I was pregnant with Isaac.
I hope you feel better soon and congrats again! So exciting!!

Hilary said...

Oh, and I have to comment about going back to "make doubly sure this is a girl."
We found out we were having a girl at 16 weeks and of course, they told us they were 80% sure it was a girl. But yes, I remember her looking nothing like Isaac did! It's hard to miss a boy, ya know? So, when we went back at 20 weeks, we got the extra 20% confirmation. So, I'm sure in 2 weeks you'll get your doubly sure answer!

Tamara said...

I just knew it! I am so happy for you. You'll have so much fun picking out the way too expensive but super cute girl things!

Jamie said...

OMG!!! Where did I miss the post that you were even PREGNANT!! Now I need to go back and find it :) Im so happy for you guys.

Girls are so fun. And yes, I was VERY sick with both my girls. I ended up in the hospital with both of them, getting IV's, because I was so dehyrated. I couldn't even keep water down.
Im glad you are starting to get some relief.

Kristin said...

Okay...apparently I am the only one who thought you might be having another boy, but that was based on my own experience. My two pregnancies were entirely different, yet they were both the same sex. And I was convinced my second would be a girl because I was so darn sick. But I guess it was just because I was a bit (ahem!) older, and -- of course -- it was a different pregnancy with a different baby.

I will be sad you will not be joining the all boys club, but I am so happy I get to buy pink for SOMEONE!!! Your little girl is already so lucky. xoxo