Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Finally! Pictures of Alex!

So it's taken me close to two weeks to take photos of Alex, put them on my computer, edit them, and put them up on the blog. Sorry. I've had my hands full - wow, two kids is a lot of work! While I was trying to shoot these, Jake managed to knock over a cup full of tea, as well as my breast pump, and spill the liquid gold all over the floor. Fantastic. The fun - and the work - never ends.

Jake is enjoying being a big brother, and loves to kiss his new little sister. I can't stop kissing Alex's sweet little velvet head either :) Jake is proud and protective and has really been a great helper. We've had a few issues with him testing his limits and acting out here and there, but really, he'd a great kid and I love him so much. Man, does he seem all grown up all of a sudden!

Okay, enough chit-chat. I know you are only here for the cute baby pictures anyway ;)













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kel- Thanks for posting these! Can't wait to get reacquainted with Alex-and visit with you, Ralph and Jake- this weekend. I happened upon a photo of Jake with an interesting positioning relative to Alex's "profile" photo. Click on the Blog Archive link to 2006; scroll down to the third image. Resemblance is striking; coincidental alignment also makes it appear that Jake is smiling approvingly at Alex!

Peepa

Hilary said...

What a beauty!! She is so tiny..and precious..aaah, newborns :)
Thanks for sharing pictures of her!
And man, I hear ya about the "liquid gold." I once knocked over my breast pump...it's disheartening to see all that "hard work" go to waste!
I'm glad to hear Jake is such a good big brother! Isn't it amazing how your firstborn seems so much bigger/older once the new baby comes home? That's how it felt with Isaac when we brought Raven home.
I'm so glad both of our daughters have great big, protective brothers :) And I hope you are feeling well and getting as much sleep as possible!

The Rigelsky Family said...

YAY she is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Kristin said...

I love how she is so bright-eyed! She looks like she has such a little personality already! How is her demeanor? I am with you and Hilary about the liquid gold and about how big your firstborn appears after having a second. Crazy! I got to see these on FB, but I couldn't resist commenting here anyway. Can't wait for more! I love any baby pics, but with you behind the camera, I know you are going to have some serious keepers.

Sarah said...

She is ADORABLE and makes the best expressions I've ever seen!!