
Wow. I had always heard "having a baby changes everything". Damn straight! My life now revolves around the projectile vomiting of a three-week-old. It seems something is always shooting out of this child! He surprised me the other day by peeing all over my neck as I was checking to see if the diaper was actually wet, and trying to carry on a conversation with Ralph, who was downstairs below me. Serves me right for not paying FULL attention to Jake. Today he cried non-stop (it seems) unless he was being held. Daddy has toearn some money while Mom is on maternity leave, so the job of holding the crying, peeing,projectile vomit machine was all mine, during business hours at least.
So I tried to eat a little while holding Jake, but he eventually had another wet diaper, so I put my chinese leftovers on my bedside table and went to change the little pisser. It was an uneventful diaper change (this time), but once I got back to our room, I caught the dog chowing down on my beef lo mein! She knew she was caught red-handed, which of course made her shake nervously. I shooed her away, but needless to say, I am not finishing the lo mein. Ugh.(UPDATE: Kelly forgot about the lo mein, but Ruth didn't. She went back upstairs later and finished off the entire container. Ralph found her leaning onto the bedside table from the bed, licking out the last bits of the leftovers. This had been a FULL serving of beef lo mein.)
In the four minutes Jake let me put him down today, I did manage to get a few really good pictures of him with my new camera that I never get to use anymore because I am always changing diapers...
...Okay, I must admit our little peeing machine is quite adorable.


No comments:
Post a Comment