
I have mentioned on the blog before that, on my mom's side of the family, four of the cousins (myself included) were pregnant at the same time, and we all had our babies in the span of two months. All of the babies are happy and healthy, and our family just had such a neat baby boom. So on Sunday I took Jake to my cousin Stephanie's house, where we met up with Grandma & Grandpa Valentine. We were so excited to get to meet Stephanie & Chris' brand-new baby boy, Kyler, who is just about a month old. Jake just looked HUGE compared to Kyler, I guess since I see Jake everyday I don't realize how much he grows in a month, a week, a day. The babies didn't seem all that interested in each other, but give them few years and they will be great buddies. :) I am looking forward to the day in the near future that we can get all the new kids in my family together: Jake, Kyler, Ethan, and Madison.
Jake was unusually fussy during the visit (Nice, Jake. Thanks a lot.), but Kyler was kind enough to let Jake use his gas drops and also his aquarium swing. Kyler already shows great sharing skills. We have very advanced children in our family :) Stephanie and Chris also have a Boston Terrier, Charlie, who is very good at making sure no one hurts his new baby brother. Charlie seems to be a much better 'watch dog' than our Boston Terrier, Ruthie, who thinks everyone comes to our house soley to visit with HER. ("Jake? Nah, there's no Jake here. I'm R-U-T-H-I-E.")
Speaking of Ruthie, she has been quite the 'helper' lately. She even helped clean off a nice big piece of steak off my plate the other night when I went to change Jake. Bugger. She also helps 'water' the flowers in our garden instead of watering the grass. (Nice, Ruth. Thanks a lot.)
And speaking of watering, I had been doing really well in the avoiding-being-pissed-on category for quite a while. I had an impressive stretch of about four or five weeks going. But it's like a no-hitter in baseball - you don't want to mention it, or you'll curse it. So anyway, my no-pisser streak all came to an end thursday as Ralph and I were preparing to go out. It was a triple threat: Jake somehow peed thru the back of his diaper (Nice, Pampers. Thanks a lot.), then as I was changing him out of that diaper and the soaked outfit, he peed all over my arm and down my leg. Once I got over that, he promptly puked all over my shirt. I get no respect in this house.... (Everybody say it with me now: Nice, Jake. Thanks a lot.)


No comments:
Post a Comment