Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween 2007

Jake was dressed as a cow, because it's so much fun getting him to say "MOOOO!" (and it was on sale at Babies R Us for $4.99). Ruth was dressed as a princess because it was the only dog costume in her size at Old Navy (and I can't find the box that has her tutu costume from last year). The neighborhood kids seemed to enjoy seeing a dog in costume. :)

Ralph took Jake (and the camera) around the neighborhood while Ruthie and I passed out candy. I think they had a good time!



Jake fussing for more candy (BTW, this is how he looked for about 12 hours straight today - we're teething right now and it's NOT pretty!)


Not really digging this whole hood thing.


Jake trading a Reese's for a 3 Muskateers (no peanuts!)


Our front steps (notice glowing-eyed demon dog in background).


Jake giving me his version of the sign for milk (not because he's a cow, but because he's thirsty).


Princess Ru, wondering why she puts up with our crap.


I threw together his trick-or-treat pail in about 3 minutes - double-stick tape, a sheet of white paper, and a sharpie, and I can create ANYTHING! (Yes, it's his sand bucket from the beach - we have limited resources here!)


Daddy adjusts Princess Ru's crown.


Jake visited with our neighbors Susan and Anna.


And here is our next-door neighbor, and Jake's future girlfriend, Gabriella.


Back home with some nice sticky candy!

Hope everyone had a nice, safe Halloween! Can't wait to check out everyone's pictures. I'm off to bed now, to recover from this candy hangover...

2 comments:

Kim said...

YES! I love it, what a cute lil cow he makes, and Ru (your dog as I believe you called her) is too cute in that costume. I'm afraid that if I put Hoya (our Boxer) in an outfit she'd have a hayday ripping it off and then tearing it to shreds!
Oh and that face that Jake was making, that face is in our home as well, teething blows, but he was also making that face b/c he wanted more and more candy..... ugh.

Anonymous said...

Kieran had candy hangover today, too. And he literally only had 3 pieces yesterday!

Fun post:)

Sorry about the 12 hours of furrowed brow boy. This too shall pass.

How sad (and funny) is this!? : You were in my dream again last night. Well, not YOU, but a comment you'd left on a post of mine. I was actually just trying to read your comment (which I remember seeing was about 4 lines long) when Maisie called out and I awoke, so I don't know what you said!

Maybe you can leave me a comment again so I'll know what you were trying to say in my dream. Okay, I think I'M the one with the sugar hangover now.

Good night.