I wanted to put an end to the rumors and just confirm the news myself....
YES, I did, indeed, cook dinner for my family last night. I know, I know, it's shocking and hard to believe, but it's true.
(For those who are not in the know, the last meal I prepared was in the summer of 2007. Seriously.) I sauteed ground beef with taco seasoning, made a big pot of mexican yellow rice, chopped lettuce, microwaved refried beans, made up little bowls of salsa, sour cream, mexican cheese, and cut up some limes - the whole thing!

We had a lovely make-your-own-taco dinner and even Jake had a good time rolling his own soft-shell tacos. Ralph also prepared his first-ever bowl of fresh guacamole, and everything was delicious. There is even talk of making this a regular event in the Vasami household.
Except for this tiny mishap, everything went very well! Apparently when they say "reduce to low heat and cook for 25 minutes" they really mean it....
4 comments:
Ha! I actually had to cook Thursday night, too, b/c the better half had a late meeting (oh, the horror!). I was much less creative, though. This post reminds me of a recent one from MCK Mama. :)
Oh no! Not a regular thing? What were you thinking? I have to cook about 5 or 6 times a week. We might have reached our taco limit.
Ahh, I love hearing other "I cooked!" stories from other moms who usually don't. Seems as if I have to cook at least a TINY bit more often than you, but not much! Looks delish, by the way. Nice work!
Oh! I really do like to cook, but the dishes - ugh!! I really DON'T like to do them...
Sounds good, and the guac looks great!!!
Post a Comment