Wednesday, August 12, 2009

R.I.P Nemo, 3/2009 - 8/2009



Private backyard burial services were conducted this morning for Nemo the fish. Nemo, who had been battling an undisclosed illness for the past few months, fought hard until the very end. He is survived by his caretakers, Ralph, Kelly & Jake, as well as his pet siblings, Ruthie the dog, and Robert the hermit crab.

While by all accounts Nemo will be dearly missed, rumors of plans for his replacement have been heard on playgrounds in the area. Jake's mother, Kelly, declined to comment on these rumors, instead giving only the non-committal "Uhm, we'll see."

The family thanks the public for their support during this difficult time.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

This may be one of the first times I have laughed at an obituary. That was too cute! I am scared to tell you that our goldfish, Goldie, will be celebrating his first birthday with us in a few days. (Knock on a fishtank...or rather not. Is it true that freaks them out?!?)

~* Emily *~ said...

Thank God I'm not alone. I'm sitting here at work chuckling about your blog post-obituary. RIP Nemo! You'll be missed by all (or at least by some).

Kelly said...

Emily and Kristin! Shame on both of you! ;)

Anonymous said...

reminds me of Cosby! We can't seem to kill ours..I know it sounds cruel but he's forgotten most days and just a pain for me to keep alive.
jill-

Adrienne said...

Our deepest condolences. Nemo may be joined soon by his distant cousin, Sara Lovey Dovey number 3, who currently resides just outside Denver, CO. Uhm, we'll see...

Adrienne said...

Oh my freaking gosh, I should read in reverse order before I start catching up on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy baby on the way! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO! Congratulations, friend! I am sooo excited for you guys! Can you hear my squeals? WOO HOO! Love you and will be praying for you! xoxox

Kelly said...

Jill - I know what you mean, it was convenient that Nemo departed right before we left for vacation...

Ade - you crack me up!!! Thanks for the baby wishes! :) Yes, I can hear your squeals all the way from Denver! ;)