So I dropped my camera the other day. My good one. My really,
really good one. On the way out the door. To a photo shoot. And after that, a wedding. And the next day? Another wedding. Dropped it hard. On a wood floor. I wish I had good news. I wish Jake didn't hear the word that came out of my mouth after it happened (it was some serious restraint too, let me tell you). Luckily, I have backup equipment, which got me through the two commitments I had that day. The upside to all of this? This slobbery little face, just days after turning five months old, which was captured with my old backup camera. Thank God for my backup. And for this little girl.






P.S. - If anyone can let me know the color of Alex's eyes, I would be forever grateful. Because I don't have a clue. It's different every time I stare into them. And I'm still not sure what color it is.
7 comments:
My heart goes out to you Kelly! Thank goodness for backup equipment!!!
I LOVE the eyelash one of Alex sleeping and the one with her biting her lip looks SO much like one you have of Jake as a baby. No doubt they are siblings with those gorgeous (sorry - no clue what color they are either) eyes!
Oh man, sister, I can't believe you dropped your camera! Yes, thank God for back up, right?! Sheesh. Did what come out of your mouth sound like this: #$%^&* It's okay...he'll forget it one day...unless of course he happens to say it repeatedly. :)
You took an eyelash pic of Jake back in the day, too, and it's the one that made me say, WOW, that kid looks like Noah! You are one talented lady!
Oh my gosh...I'm SO sorry to hear about your camera. :( :(
Alex is so adorable, I can see how looking at her makes everything better!
I can't tell what color her eyes are hahaha!
And as thsee photos illustrate, the photographer's skills are more important than the equipment. Granted, you'd like to have both, but better a less sophisticated camera than a less talented photo pro!
Oh boy... can't imagine the panic and pain I'd feel if I dropped my camera... and I'm 100% sure it isn't as nice as yours. LOL. You are a great photographer... can take amazing pictures regardless of the lens/body. :) Loved the pictures.
Sorry to hear about the drop doll...but it's really the skills behind the lens that count.
As for the angel and her eyes, I'd say they are slate blue-grey. They'll probably change daily from light to dark but my little brothers were the same when he was younger and now they are a light grey. Ciao
Thanks everyone!
The camera got fixed and back in time to shoot all 12 hours of my first Hindu wedding on Saturday. And luckily the repair bill wasn't too bad.
I think Chalessa has the winning color, we're officially going with slate blue-grey. Although I'm starting to see hints of green. With brown freckles. So I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Post a Comment