Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Days before Spring, Jake "plays" in the snow

Grandma Valentine just sent us these winter pictures of Jake last weekend. Why does it take until just days before Spring to really dump snow on the East Coast? Argh!!! Notice Jake's ghetto snowsuit: he has not one, but TWO perfectly good winter snowsuits, but Jake's mama is such a flake when it comes to packing his suitcase for a weekend with Grandma, that he ends up going out in the snow with Yankees socks on his hands and plastic bags on his feet. HA! Luckily for Jake, Grandma is creative!







This one just absolutely cracked me up as I was going through the images. I had to add it. Grandma adds this disclaimer: "More pictures ... I'm not trying to be artsy with the half faces. I was holding Jake with one hand and snapping with the other - not looking at the view finder. Is that what it's called on a digital camera? I know you're laughing at your technologically challenged mom."



I gotta tell you, this snowstorm really just pissed me off, if you wanna know my opinion. Friday afternoon, I was due to fly out to Los Angeles to join my friend Chrissy at her bachelorette party in Palm Springs. Instead, Philly airport cancelled 95% of its flights due to snow, sleet and ice. ARGH! Instead, I spent an unexpected weekend at home with JUST my sweet husband - no dog, no baby, no problem! We got to pack (well, toss stuff out, which is probably better than packing where we are concerned) and spend the weekend acting like we did before we were "Married With Children." While I'm still really mad I couldn't go out to sunny California, I did really enjoy the time with Ralphie. A blessing in disguise I guess.

To keep everyone updated on the big move, Ralph is enjoying the new job, I am up to my eyeballs in bubble wrap and packing boxes while trying to hold the fort down without him. Being a stay-at-home mom is quite possibly the longest, toughest, most draining job EVER!!! 9-to-5? I wish! I am hoping to get some before and after pictures up soon of the new house. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is hysterical:) Also, no worries about the socks and plastic bags. At least you really do own the proper stuff for Jake. Only a couple weeks ago did I finally get gloves for Kieran. We've had numerous snowstorms and he wore socks on his hands all winter! Bummer about not being able to go to Palm Springs, though! Funny, you could've run into my dad if you would've gone. He's visiting his mom and brother there right now. Hang in there with the packing...looking forward to new house pics from you sometime!

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, was catching up today...miss you here at work. Hope your move goes well. Elizabeth