So Jake has suddenly, overnight it seems, turned into a toddler. It's so very exciting to see this little person suddenly responding to all the things you've been saying for the last 16 months, but I do feel a little sad when I look at him and realize he is no longer the tiny helpless 8 lb, 9oz newborn I brought home from the hospital.
Some of the things Jake loves to do lately:
1. Dance to anything with a beat: radio, TV, the dishwasher.
2. Say "MORE" in sign language, which we taught him after a few false starts.
3. RUN!! Especially in the direction of things he should not be running toward.
4. Kiss the dog. He will lean his head over when we ask for a kiss, but when it comes to Ruthie, he is full-on lips to fur.
5. Wash things. He loves to take a baby wipe and scrub anything we tell him is "dirty": the table, his head, the dog, windows, mommy.
6. Identify colors. Grandpa Jim pointed this out when Jake was swimming this weekend. Grandpa Jim asked Jake to pick up the purple dinosaur, or the red dinosaur, etc and Jake delivered!
7. Flipping out. Today, Jake threw a full-on hissy fit because I would not allow him to use my deodorant. Throwing toys, kicking and screaming. Little man has a temper!!!
8. Reading. Jake LOVES books! He will flip through his books endlessly. Surprisingly, he prefers looking at them by himself to having someone read to him. He'll let me get through a few pages, then he steals the book back, jumps off my lap, and runs off to read it himself.
9. Sitting on the dog. Side-saddle.
10. Eating the following: broccoli, chicken, Corn Pops, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, bananas, and corn, corn, corn!
Jake's also saying a few words: Ru-Ru, Mama, woof-woof, Dad, No (na-na-NA!), and Yum.
Most exciting, he's also understanding EVERYTHING. "Sit down." "Give the book to Mama." "Give Papa a kiss." "Show dada another book." "Brush your hair." "Get your hands out of the toilet."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Why am I not surprised that Jake likes books? Seems our darling is the same way though, wants to look at them by herself!
I love the updates, sorry I haven't been in touch.
-Jeannine
Post a Comment