Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Work-Free Wednesday...

So technically, this is the first full day I have spent home since going on vacation over a week ago. And I just can't seem to get back in the swing of things. I think I fully exhausted myself in Cape Cod and I've been working myself too hard leading up to vacation. It's ridiculously hard trying to be a good mommy to Jake, AND get my photography business off the ground, AND keep my freelance design clients happy AND to do all the things required of just being an adult... but I've been trying to do it ALL lately... with mixed success. (Physically, I feel like total crap - shocker!)

ANYWAY... all this rambling led to my epiphany that maybe, just once a week (I work every weekend), I need a day off, just to spend with Jake. Do nothing but play with my little boy - all day long. Take him somewhere fun, roll around on the floor, take fun pictures of him like I used to do all the time (before it was "my job"), to laugh and do nothing but play, learn, and have fun with each other. No work at all... Well, okay, and maybe post a blog or two... But I think I owe it to him and to myself to have at least one day that belongs soley to HIM - not to my clients, not to my laundry, not to my chores. I think it will make me a better mommy. :) Off to play!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the dichotomy...it's very hard to do it all, and unfortunately, kid time is sometimes the first thing to fall by the wayside in the face of people with "bigger" concerns (clients, bill collectors!). Good for you for giving you guys a day where your biggest concerns will (hopefully) be finding a place at the pool to change a diaper, how to get the dog hair out of YOUR hair after rolling on the floor and deciding which book to read at bedtime. Happy day and looking forward to hearing about it!