Saturday, January 12, 2008

For my little friend Noah

I can't believe it's been a year since Noah Steven passed. His mom Adrienne has taught me so much about love and faith and the Lord in this year. This was the least I could do to honor his memory. I hope my ponytail, and all the other ponytails donated in Noah's memory today, will help benefit some needy children.


Feel free to comment with a link to your own post if you were part of this today.

UPDATED: Here is a link to a video and the transcript of it, that shows Ade and her friends donating their ponytails to honor Noah.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Look at you all cute and sassy, and what a TREMENDOUS thing you and all of the other woman have done. Bless that heart of yours Kelly.
P.S. I looked at getting a Mac but I am not famailar and I think it was a wee bit out of my price range, I mean so was this one but whatever.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

You DO look cute! My friend Carrie and I had conversations about you while we were at the salon this morning (she was getting her hair all cut off in honor of Noah, too...and I was there as friend and photographer). We talked about how you were getting your hair cut, too, and that you'd look cute! And, of course, ever so much more importantly, what a wonderful gift the two of you (and soo many more) gave to needy kids (I gave to Locks of Love about a year ago when I cut my hair from very long to very short) and what a wonderful testimony to Noah's amazing life. I'm proud of you for doing this in honor of such a special boy and his wonderful family.

Kristin said...

Wow! Sassy and generous! How nice that you participated in honoring Noah. You must not have yours highlighted in order to mask the unruly gray hairs that pop up from time to time (like - ahem! - somebody I know).

MamaBear said...

I'm having trouble seeing your new hair-do (I'm sure you're as cute as ever) cuz of the tears from watching the video of Adrienne. I'm gonna go edit my Locks of Love post to include that link right now.

Anonymous said...

Go GIRL
My hair has never been long enough to donate...maybe someday
Im proud of you sister.
lots of love
jill

Kelly said...

Kristin - your comment reminded me to go in search of my "ONE" grey hair, and to go pluck her out. I go after her every 3 months or so - she is all thick and wirey and sticks straight up near the crown of my head. To my shock and horror, I just discovered nine or ten of her friends have decided to move in as well!!! Bugger! There goes the neighborhood....

Kristin said...

Ha! My stylist keeps telling me to stop plucking the ones I find because she truly believes that for every one you take out, three will come back. But it's just so fun to name them (I usually go with a few disrespectful students) and then...out you go! :)

Kelly said...

Kristin - I'm starting to believe your stylist may be right! But I like your little game :)

Sandy said...

I saw your link on Noahs Blog and wanted to say what a wonderful thing you did in cutting your hair. I have never met Adrienne or Noah but they sure have had a impact on me. Your little boy is adorable!!!

Kelly said...

Thanks Sandy! :)