
I'm sorry, I can only take a SCREAMING, crying, sniffling, sad toddler for so many hours. Then I pull out the unaltered, pristine, in-tact binkie. Crap. All my hard work gone.... But after four hours of trying, someone is FINALLY asleep. That Dr. Ferber guy is a hack anyway. (lol)


9 comments:
Don't feel so bad. I caved too but it will get better the 2nd, 3rd 4th..... tries. Hopefully it will only last until Friday.
Good luck though
Oh, I wouldn't call it "caving." I'd call it doing what's best...for today. Tomorrow, next week, next month....you can decide when you get there! At least it gave you another reason to post that great "hack"ed off Binkies photo, for which I am greatful. And Dr. Ferber never, ever needs to know:)
I agree with MCK Mama...you can take baby steps. After all, he is still your baby! And those "best method" sleep authors aren't sitting next to you watching your heart get torn apart. (And don't get me started on Ferberizing vs the Brazleton, Mindell, Karp, or Baby Whisperer way. Yes, I have read them all, and no, Cameron didn't care that I read them all, and yes, he falls asleep in seconds flat now.) I feel for you!
And I almost got the scissors out last night after reading your post...I'm glad I waited. I wouldn't stress it. I don't think a binkie at bed time at his age is anything to worry about. Like I read in one of my books, no on has ever taken a pacifier to college with them, at least not that they know of.
Thanks for the support ladies! :)
Stephanie (Kyler's mom) - I think if I had done it in more gradual stages it might have gone better - cutting the tips off the binkies but allowing him to have them like that for a week, then maybe going down to just one binkie only at bedtime and not naptime (or vice versa), then going cold turkey.
But my nerves were shot today, plus Ralph is out of town, plus my normal monday babysitter (Mema Mary) is out of town, so I was all out of sorts. :(~
And yes, he is in the crib now, with an altered binkie and a regular binkie and he is STILL making much more of a fuss than he ever did when he used to go to bed. Ugh.
AND THEN, don't even get me STARTED on this daylight savings time crud. PICK A TIME AND STICK TO IT!!! ARGH!!!
Maybe it's time to open that nice bottle of Chardonnay that my brother got me for Christmas.... :)
I too am with the gals. You are doing what you can and right now it's saving your sanity! Im kidding, it's tough though dude, it really is. You guys will get there, one step(snipped nuk) at a time
I feel for ya! When we finally took Maddy's away at Christmas it was the second time we tried. I couldn't take it the first time! He'll give it up when he's ready! And our pediatrician said, "it's easier to take away a pacifier than it is a finger" Jake is happy, healthy and loved. That's all that really matters! (And that Mommy stays sane!)
yeah, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. It will happen one day, just keep trying
NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
Wyatt didn't get rid of his until he was 3 YES I SAID 3 so don't even think about beating yourself up for anything.!!!!!!!!! we spent the entire summer (last summer ) talking about the dentist and how the dentist wanted his NUK and we had to be a BIG boy and give it to the dentist. Just like that with Nuk's in a zippy0- we handed over the nuks--GOODBYE forever! Haven't had them since!
Don't even think about feeling bad-are you kidding me?
They are the best things ever invented!
Post a Comment