
I have a ton of work to get done today but I got distracted by this image when I was browsing through my files in Lightroom. This was a photograph of Jake from exactly two years ago today. I vividly and distinctly remember taking this picture. Jake was just over a month old and had lost most of the hair on the top of his head. I thought this was the most beautiful he had ever looked so far. It was an afternoon that I spent in bed with Jake while I was still on maternity leave. I think it was a Saturday. Jake wasn't in a particularly good mood that day, but I spent about an hour or so photographing him and Ralph and Ruthie on our bed, with my Rebel XT and my kit 18-55 lens. I was purely a novice when I shot this. I hadn't really started my photography career and I was still a week away from shooting my first wedding. But I look back at this picture and I am proud of it today. No, this is not exactly what it looked like when I shot it, I took it into Photoshop today and used some of my favorite Kubota actions on it, but I decided against airbrushing away the piece of dog hair on his onesie, the tiny baby acne under his chin and the stork bite between his eyebrows. I want to remember him just as he was that day, my perfect, plump, beautiful, balding baby boy.


6 comments:
For some reason, I am crying. That was so sweet. Thanks for sharing.
Both of my boys have that storkbite between their eyebrows, too! Justin's is still there, although you don't really notice anymore, unless you really look, and Rhys' is still pretty bright, but I love it and love kissing on it :)
Beautiful, he certainly is!
Cutie pie! I didn't remember that he had a storkbite. Connor had a little one, too, but I can barely remember where. I will have to go back and look at some pics. :)Speaking of pis, I didn't remember that you hadn't begun professionally photographing yet, either. That is hard to believe considering your work! But I am guessing the talent was simply inherent; you are certainly an obvious artist.
So precious! And now I've cried for the second time this morning and it's not even 9 am. :-)
Wow, what a beautiful post! And a beautiful boy!
It's amazing how one picture can take us back in time to when it was taken.
I have such fond memories of being on maternity leave and just being with Isaac on my bed. I miss those times.
So glad you captured the moment.
Post a Comment