Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jake Playing with his "Moe Hat"

Jake's great aunt Barbara asked if she could take Jake off my hands to go the the Bronx Zoo for an afternoon of fun. UmLemmieThinkYES! So I have an unexpected free moment on a tuesday evening - woo-hoo! I spent my free time vaccuming - boy did the house needed it! - And sipping on a nice cold Mike's Hard Light Lemonade and enjoying some toaster-oven Ellio's pizza. Sounds like a darn fine summer evening to me, no?

So enough about me and my freedom to drink wine coolers on a tuesday evening....mmmm...just had to savor that one more time... Here are some pictures of Jake from earlier in the afternoon as he was trying on his Moe Doodle (of Doodlebops fame) wig. Jake calls this his "Moe Hat." Too funny.


And playing with the bottom half of his motorized schoolbus....



And also, I am so proud to show off my green thumb:


Our old hydrangea bush barely produced a thing all last summer, as it was highly overgrown and terribly under-hydrated. I pruned it early in the spring and have been watering it regularly and she has rewarded me with dozens of showy heads of pink and purple. There are cut hydrangeas in the kitchen, my office, in the living room, and even one in my favorite bud vase in the powder room. There is nothing more relaxing to me than cut flowers in the house, your rambunctious non-napping two-year-old off at the zoo with someone else, a vaccummed carpet... and a Mike's Hard Lemonade! :) (Okay, the people at Mike's better start paying me for this!)

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like a most enjoyable evening!! Love the flowers!! And the Moe Hat!

Jennifer said...

What a perfect day! It always amazes me how satisfying it is to get something like vaccuming done! If anyone had told me that before having kids I would have thought they were nuts!!!!

The Woman said...

I can't believe how big Jake is getting! I am also insanely jealous that you had a moment alone. Good for you!

The Woman said...

P.S. The Doodlebops creep me out. Don't pull the rope!

Hilary said...

How great you got an unexpected child-free evening! I looove being with Isaac, but believe you me...I cherish my alone time as well!
I'm glad you had a good time by yourself :)

Also, your flowers are gorgeous! I want some!
Makes me remember when Rich cut some roses from our rose bush recently and put them in a little bud vase for me. I may just have to post that pic!

Kristin said...

How fortunate to have supportive family members that offer to help with Jake. We mommies (and daddies) need some alone time every once in a while to vaccuum the carpet and breathe in some fresh silence. :)

I am totally jealous of your green thumb. We have a pot of blue hydrangea in the dining room that we were given at Easter. It looked beautiful for a few months; now it is a pot of sticks and brown petals. I think I should have planted it.