Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jake's Art Skills!

We were eating dinner our last night in Ocean City and Jake drew this on our table:


He had previously just filled in the features when we drew a face template for him, but this time he drew everything himself - face, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and hair! I wasn't sure if he was going to inherit any of my love of art, but I'm starting to think now he might have a bit of creative skills afterall. :) I have no idea if this is on target for his age, but I was impressed with his drawing skills! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, I'm 19 times older than Jake and couldn't do much better than this myself! He seems to be deriving some creative inspiration from the inviting blank palates/ table paper we find at crab houses in OC!

Peepa

MamaBear said...

I was going to say something similar to his Grandpa :)

I think that's well above average!

Kristin said...

Kelly, I can assure you that drawing a complete circle at age 3 is advanced. They usually have to add at least three body parts to meet the standard by age 4, so he has already completed that with all the awesome facial features! See if he can draw a plus sign; that is usually hard for a child of 3 to master. If he can do that, we must call the national child prodigy department immediately! :)

Kelly said...

Thanks All!

Kristin - I will ask him to draw a plus sign. He frequently draws the letter "T" by himself - does that count? ;)