
Of all of the various due dates I have been given along the way, today is the last one. It was as early as Feb 6th, and as late as Feb 18th. And she's still not here. I had a revelation the other day: babies don't know what the heck a due date is. They have no clue. A due date means absolutely nothing to a baby.
So here I wait. My favorite doc, the one I was hoping to deliver with, is out of the office this week. Jake is off school all week. My chiropractor was away as well. Ugh. I thought it would all fall into place and I would deliver this week, but it's nearly friday and nothing has happened. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. And that's fine. I'm getting a lot of stuff done around the house - laundry, putting the finishing touches on the playroom, shopping for a few needed last-minute things (damn you Babies R Us and your bazillion things I never knew I needed!). It's a very odd sensation I've been experiencing lately: boredom.
Physically, I'm feeling okay overall, I really can't complain. I've been having minor contractions for days, but nothing very strong or consistent. Yesterday I was having some cramps, thinking that might mean progress in dialating, I guess I will find out at my docs appointment tomorrow. Without a doubt though, I am READY for her to vacate. I hate waiting, and even more, I hate NOT knowing. Such is the life of a control freak, in a situation that cannot possibly be controlled. Ugh.
I'll keep you all posted as soon as I know anything....


6 comments:
I love this post. I love the image at the top. Now why does your "babystrology.com" widget say "3 DAYS TO GO"? Maybe she's paying attention to that instead of your numerous due dates. ;) XOXO Hang in there!
I don't know what's up with the widget. If you click on it, at one point it says I have 1 week, 3 days to go - What the what??!
I think she's holding out to be a Pisces. Which she will be unless I deliver her today.
Good luck!! The waiting is torture! Our son arrive exactly one week late and it was so worth it!
My mother said to me when I was bloated, swollen, cranky and just darn tired of being pregnant that when the twins finally found themselves on the "outside", I will have wished they stayed on the "inside" a little longer.
The "terrible" twos officially started today since today is the girls' actual due date. Tantrums over cupcakes and party hats made me wish that today they were still on the "inside".
Hang in there. This will all be a distant memory sooner than you want it to be.
Huh?!? The widget said "3 days to go" yesterday, and "4 days to go" today! I think maybe it has pregnancy brain. Anyway, great pic, Kelly -- totally had me laughing! I have to add to our conversation yesterday that I would have stayed pregnant another 9 months with both of mine if I could have. I just loved knowing they were safe and I knew I'd miss the kicks in my belly -- especially after #2. I love that you are just anxious to meet her at this point! Can you get a prenatal massage or a pedicure while waiting? Pamper yourself while you can. :)
Ooh, thinking of you and praying for you in these last days of pregnancy!!
Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl!
Post a Comment