Monday, February 01, 2010

Sneak Peek at the attic playroom!

Ralph and I worked hard all weekend while Jake was away at Geedah & Peepah's house. We were able to get a really good start on the attic playroom! It isn't finished, but here is a before and after sneak peek at one corner of the playroom. :)


UPDATE: Our playroom was featured on FLOR.com's blog!

9 comments:

MamaBear said...

When can I move in?

I would kill for lighting like that!

BTW, I got to try out my new 85 today for the first time. I've had it for a week, but PB dropped and broke the LCD on camera before I could snap even ONE picture with my new lens. *SIGH*

The silver lining is that I purchased a "new" Rebel and I don't have to wait 6weeks for repair and when I get my original camera fixed I'll have TWO cameras for weddings.

A nice lady on Ebay sold me a rebel body, a $30 Rebel for Dummies book, a filter, a remote, an 8GB card, a 1GB card, a charger, a bag, and a battery for $350. I should have had to pay over $400 for the body alone!

Love those silver linings :)

Jenn said...

Oh, I'm already in love!!! Stunning

baby gifts said...

The transformation looks so lovely. I really like it! Is there any other picture of the attic? will you share it to us?

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone! I am planning on sharing a whole bunch of pictures once the project is all done - hopefully in another week or so.

Jamie said...

Love, love, love it!! What is that color called, it's so pretty. Im always scared to use yellow, becuase I don't want it to be "big bird" yellow. But that looks like the perfect shade.

The Rigelsky Family said...

wow. wow. wow. wow. wow. wow. wow

Kristin said...

So cute! You have the best decorating taste, Kelly. How did you even think of that with the tiles? It just makes me want to play!

Kelly said...

Kristin,
We've used FLOR tiles in other places in our house before. I love them because you can configure them any way you want, which is great in an odd-shaped room, which this is. Another great thing is you can use any number of colors to suit your design preference - I wanted kid-friendly colors that would work for a girl or a boy, or both :) The other great thing about FLOR tiles is that if you spill on one of them, you peel that ONE tile up, and clean it; or toss it and replace it with another tile if it is beyond repair. Not that I think MY children will make a mess or anything, but hey, you never know ;)
FLOR should really be paying me to give such glowing reviews!

Kelly said...

Jamie,

Not sure exactly which yellow I used. Just went to the paint store, grabbed a bunch of yellow swatches and picked the one I thought would look best in the room.

Thanks for all the sweet comments ladies!