Jake looks right into my eyes as I am getting him dressed this morning and says, "Mommy, I want to marry you."
"Awh, thanks sweetie, but you can't marry your Mommy. Besides, I'm already married to Daddy. Who would Daddy be married to if Mommy was married to you?" (I'm very curious to hear what would come out of his mouth next.)
Jake thinks for a few seconds before coming up with a solution. "Daddy can marry Geedah!"
"I don't know," I say laughing, "because Geedah is married to Peepa. Who would Peepa marry?"
He thinks hard for a minute. "Peepa could marry Mema!"
"Hmm...well, Mema is already married to Papa. Who would Papa marry?"
He has run out of grandparents to mis-match at this point, and thinks for a long while and then tells me, "Okay, you can stay married to Daddy."
Oh good :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
The true sign of a son's love Kelly! I love it when we can experience the world on their level..with their innocence and simplicity of how things should be.
soooo cute!!
Post a Comment