Thursday, February 03, 2011

Cruisin' Around with Ali

I'm so proud of all of Alex's accomplishments lately! Her accomplishments seem to come two or three at a time, rather than spacing things out. Two teeth will pop thru on the same day, or she'll make a few new words or signs in one day, etc. I don't know why she can't spread the excitement over a few days, but whatever.

My nearly one-year-old girl can clap, wave hi and bye, say a few words (dad, mom, dog, hi, no), stand without any help, cruise around furniture holding on with one hand, crawl at blazing speeds, climb up stairs (she just showed me that last night!), eat any kind of food you put in front of her, and do a few baby sign language signs ("more", "all done"). I am beyond proud and head over heels in love with my sweet girl. She is such a blessing! :)

She looks like she is standing independently here, but her little butt is leaning on the chair. Regardless, she is proud of herself!


Ali almost always has two objects she carries around - one in each hand. Whatever she can find or pick up off the floor or our tables. She is sneaky and quick!






Alex LOVES my cell phone! She picks it up and presses all the buttons. Thankfully, I can lock the keyboard. Jake used to be able to unlock my phone all the time, Ali has yet to call clients and yell "Da!" over and over, but give it time...






"Just texting my boyfriend Mom, I'll be there in a minute..."




I feel like I spend half my day grabbing stuff out of her mouth or when she is out of my line of sight, asking Jake, "Does she have anything in her mouth?" He answers no without looking up, and I come back to find something like this:


She loves all of her little walkers!




"Speaking of walking, Mom says I will be doing it on my own any day now!"


Transferring really well from couch to ottoman!


"SWEET! I found TWO shoes to chew on! No, no germs on here, totally clean, I assure you."



5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweet post for an even sweeter baby girl! She is so adorable and looks like she's so much fun! :)
And I LOVE her jammies, where are they from?

Unknown said...

Kelly, SHE IS PERFECT.
Wonderful job.

Peepa said...

Very impressive dual-thumb texting! How do they instinctively know this stuff??? Great pictures and captions- thanks!

Joy Wizziwa said...

Like Mommy, Like Daughter...she is a natural with that cellphone. LOVE IT!!!

Kelly said...

@Sarah - Thanks! :) The PJs are from Old Navy.

@Justine - Yeah, you commented :) Thanks!

@Peepa - Monkey See, Monkey Do :)

@ Joy - You should see her with the remote control - she aims it right at the TV and then presses all the buttons! :)