Tuesday, August 01, 2006

At the doctor's office

Ralph just sent me this pic from the doc's office.



You can see that Jake has completely shredded the paper that covers the exam table. Guess I should have packed some toys in the diaper bag. Jake has become very "grabby" lately. He tried to remove my chin and my nose this morning. Luckily, he was not successful....

UPDATE:
So I got the full report from Ralph: Jake got 4 shots - one in each thigh, one in each bicep. The poor baby cried his head off! :( I feel so bad for him!!! Jake is 16 pounds, 12 ounces (whoa!); and he is 26.3 inches tall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The saddest part about Jake getting his shots today was how progressively worse he cried with each shot. I was feeding him while he got his shots (which the doctor said would help keep him less focused on the pain). So after the first shot he started to cry, but as soon as I put the bottle back in it was like hitting a mute button and he was fine. The second shot was on his left thigh (the first was on his right thigh) and he cried a little harder and went back to his bottle. But when the doctor rubbed his right bicep with an alcohol pad he immediately started crying, as if to say "I know what that means, and I don't like what you're about to do!!!!!!". He did the same thing with the last shot on his left arm. It was entirely funny and sad all at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy, I hate to think about the babies getting those shots!! Guess you just have to remember all the good they do them.

Anonymous said...

It is terrible to have to put them through so much pain. But Aunt Rose is right, it's better than the alternative. I will keep the bottle thing in mind for next month!!! I'm not looking forward to torturing my little baby!

Anonymous said...

Hey
Im not sure who cried more that first round of shots with Wyatt...I think I did. Ross was holding both of us. It's somewhat of a good thing if you can only "hear" about the experience instead of living it!!!
Jill