So I had this grand epiphany the other day...
It seems that my 9-to-5 job is the source of all my life’s problems:
1) I have to send Jake to a daycare in this god-awful hick town, because that is where my job is.
2) I spend waaaaaay too much money sending Jake to daycare, since I am at work all day, making money.... to pay for daycare.
3) I have to spend money gassing up the car to drive to - guess where? - work.
4) I stay up waaaaay too late at night working on my freelance jobs because I get home too late from work. And then, of course, I am extremely tired in the morning.
5) I have to get out of bed early because I have to go to work, which makes me a very cranky and not-nice person all around.
6) I don’t get to spend any time with my husband or my son because I spend over an hour each day commuting, and 8+ hours a day at work, and when I do see them, I am a tired and not nice person.
7) The daycare hates me because my schedule is erratic due to things like my doctor’s appointments, Jake’s doctor’s appointments, dentist appointments, chiropractor appointments, car servicing appointments, all of which are located in the town we live. They want me to drop off Jake first, then go to my appointments. BRILLIANT! This means I have to drive 120 miles in one day to get him to daycare on time (30 miles south), go to my appointments (30 miles back up north), drive back down to work (30 miles south again), then back home at the end of the day (30 miles back up north). In the rental car, this is a full tank of gas. In one day. At $2.89 a gallon (on a good day). And two hours of pointless driving.
8) I take crap from the daycare simply for trying to run all of the errands that it takes to live one’s life and operate one’s family in a given day. All of this could simply be avoided if I took care of Jake myself and had the free time to run these errands, go to these appoinments, get my freelance work done during normal hours (as opposed to 2 am, seriously).
So the grand solution here is to quit my job. My plan will work wonderfully for the first 2 weeks, until the bills pile up, the eviction notice is posted and my car is reposessed.
But then, if I have no car, I don’t have to pay for gas and bring it in for service and drive a rental. And if I have no house, I won’t have to worry about cleaning it up and doing laundry and dishes all the time. With all of the walking I am doing (since car has been repossesed), I will finally lose all of this pregnancy weight.
But winter is coming and we will have no place to sleep at night....hmmmm... Perhaps we can live in Ralph’s Honda? He works from home, so we can drive around in our office / home / daycare center / dog house. But then where will we shower and go potty? Using porta-potties and fast-food bathrooms are not my idea of fun. Plus that whole germ-a-phobic thing I have...
Can we come bunk with you guys, the readers of the baby blog? Tee hee. I am losing my mind....
Ok, back to work before I get fired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Doesn't it just stink? It'd be much easier if it was possible to live on one salary. Unfortunately, in our 20's were too young to realize what we'll want in our 30's. So you get used to making the money and spending the money and there's no going backwards. At least not in my case. At least not yet.
Ha! I am still holding out hope for that big Powerball win...which I play with my co-workers, and dream... if just for a minute or two...
Okay, now I am totally freaking out! I'm suppose to be going back to work next week, and now I really don't want to go!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the bummer.
[insert fake smile and insincere voice here]
No, Steph, really.... work is... great.... You'll... love.... it...
You guys can move to CA and live with us. We have a big couch. And after 5 people two cats and a dog get a little cramped in our one bedroom apartment and we kick you out and you have to sleep in your car the weather is gorgeous!
Sounds good Chrissy. Make room on that couch! I'll pack my bags, we'll be there in 37 hours! :)~
hey kelly if you, ralph and jake dont mind moving into my dorm then ill start making room now, ill even babysit so you wont need a babysitter that much ha! then at least I wouldnt be as homesick either.I wish i got to see you guys at my mom and larrys. ok be well, your cousin Dana xoxo p.s. love the pics of alexis and jake soo cute!
Post a Comment