Monday, February 19, 2007

Carvel Ice Cream Cake...

...Is apparently Jake's favorite food on earth. (Not that this should be a surprise to anyone, seeing as Ralph and I refer to Carvel Ice Cream as 'the fifth food group.') Grandma Valentine let Jake try just one tiny sample of vanilla ice cream from her piece of our Carvel Ice Cream Cake tonight and he liked it so much that he grunted and fussed until she fed him darn near the entire vanilla part! Then he got some from Grandpa, and a little more from momma too before he had his fill. It was hilarious! If only I had tried Carvel Ice Cream on Jake when he was 4 months old, maybe he would have realized much earlier that this eating thing ain't so bad afterall!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly:

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! Do you ever share what kind of camera/lens you use? I am not a professional but like the hobby. Plus, I have a great subject- our 11 month old son Charlie.


Sincerely,
Laura
http://koupal.blogspot.com


BTW Charlie has the same crib bedding as Jake!

Anonymous said...

Uh, oh! You're creating a fan following now, Kelly! :)

P.S. Tell Jake to save me just one teeeeeny bite of ice cream next time!

Anonymous said...

Now that really would have been something if Jake had made some of his faces at ICE CREAM!

Kyler and Mia's Mommy said...

The kid obviously has great taste. Nothing beats Carvel ice cream cakes. I always wanted them when I was little but my parents would say they were too expensive. So a couple years ago, my Mom (aunt rose) got one for my birthday and here's how much she knows about ice cream cakes. She took it out and defrosted it!!! It was ice cream soup...but still good!