Jake is pretty excited about being sung to! This was just after midnight - Ralph had just brought Jake back from NY, I had flown in from Vegas, then driven up to PA. I still missed seeing him on his official birthday by a few minutes, but he didn't seem to mind. Jake insisted on a Carvel Ice Cream Cake to mark the occasion. HOw could we say no?

Checking out cake #1

Close-up of cake #1

At his family birthday party the next afternoon, Jake decides that the cake DOES taste pretty good afterall!

Rolling up sleeves and digging into cake #2

Close-up of cake #2 with his picture

Mmmm.. I think I'll really dig in now!

Adorable cousin Olivia

You don't usually get to see me in front of the camera. Not the best pictures, but I feel bad that I have almost NO pictures of Jake and myself.

Jake got some cool books for his birthday

Jake and cousin Ethan size each other up...

As if two cakes in 24 hours wasn't enough, I really wanted to set up this photoshoot Sunday morning. I got the idea while I was out in Vegas for the photography conferences. Photographers will offer a first birthday session about a few weeks before the actual birthday, then the family can show off the birthday album at the actual party. Shameless plug: Feel free to call me if you want to see Jake's sample album from his cake shoot and order one for your baby!
A little timeline of Jake Vs. The Cake:

Happy little boy, just starting to break into cake #3

Jake takes a nice finger-lickin good bite of the cake icing. I LOVE this picture!!!

A little more covered by cake #3 now.

More of the battle between Jake and the Cake

Digging deep into cake #3

We startled Jake when we told him "NO!" as he started to crawl off the white backdrop. Ready for a nap, he has a mini-meltdown. Luckily, Dada steps in.

Jake is finished his cake and is saying: "Daddy, pick me up!" (Better him than me!)

Once Jake decided he had had it with cake #3, he wanted to cuddle with Dada.

This is Jake's "I want to go to mama now" signal. I've got the (expensive) camera and the (expensive and new) lens in my hands, so the answer, for now, is no... (he got me later!)

Ralph gets covered in icing by Jake

Ruthie is allowed to go in for a clean-up mission. Jake gives her a nice sloppy pat on the head.

Grandpa Valentine was smart enough to throw the whole thing away (cake, backdrop and all) while we took Jake up to the bathtub. He had a great birthday weekend and we had some great laughs! Thanks to everyone who made it to Jake's party on Saturday, it meant a lot to us.


3 comments:
What great pictures! Love the photo shoot with cake #3. What a great idea! Can you believe it's been a year already? I know time flys, but really, is it necessary for it to go this fast?
Massive birthday wishes, Jake!!
Kelly...what an adorable cake for Jake's birthday! That was too cute! And BTW...I have that jacket you are wearing in the pics; we obviously both have impeccable taste. :)
Post a Comment