
So Jake kept me pretty well distracted from packing today, but we have an official move date - hurray! - May 7th is the big day.

Today Jake seemed hungrier than usual. He ate the following: two complete sticks of string cheese; a few kernels of corn; one spoonful of organic corn & summer squash (rejected, given to Ruthie); a strawberry frozen whole fruit bar (I ate these by the dozen when I was pregnant) in the baby safe feeder (two more teeth just cut on top); a whole container of yo-baby apple yogurt; two mashed-up turkey sticks (more in his hair and on the floor than in his mouth); one bite of vegetable beef baby food (also rejected and then eaten by the dog); two bites of mama's fresh mozzerella with balsamic vinegar (I didn't think he'd like it, I was wrong); a few bites of diced cucumber (mostly rejected by baby and dog, so mom ate the rest - yum!); lots of Cheerios; organic freeze-dried apples and strawberries for toddlers; as many bites of mama's pizza as she would allow (Ruthie and Jake both begged for this); baby zweiback toast; two bottles of whole milk; one bottle of water; and two bottles of juice. I try to at least offer him a balanced menu, but he seems to really dig fruits and dairy. This kid is not feelin' the vegetables. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree...pardon the pun.
So here are some shots I took today of the world's hungriest and dirtiest baby. I must have used two dozen baby wipes today and he still looks like this. I have found that if I make any kind of goofy noise, he will let me do whatever I want to him. Wiping his nose is normally considered torture, until I come at him with a baby wipe chanting: "Bllllliim! Pooooow! Bazoooom!" Then it's a game.

Jake eats with PIZAZZ!

He has learned the word MAMA and knows I respond to it. Not sure if he knows what it means, but he repeats it contantly, because I respond. (Cute bib is one of the new ones from My Dolce Baby.)

Jake enjoys beating the television with his yellow duck and yellow fish.

Taking a break from beating the television to see what mama is yelling about.


4 comments:
Very cute photos of a hungry and really not that dirty baby! (You want to see dirty, just wait until playing in the dirt with dump trucks begins!!! Two baths a day, wipes won't do the trick!) Anyway, he must have been even hungrier than you remembered because I see Cheerios on his high chair! Whew. He must be growing. Good for you for giving him such a variety of foods to choose from! Sounds like he already has discriminating tastes:)
I ran into your blog from Jennifers' blog and your son is so adoreable! He sure is a good eater. :)
Kelly,
Is Jake walking??? I see he must at least be pulling up. Connor hasn't done that yet. I think he knows I was a little late on the babyproofing thing, so he's giving me some extra time. :) I bet Jake will be walking very soon!!!
Speaking of safety, Cameron fell out of bed last night and must have hit his eye on something; he has a shiner and his eye is all swollen and red. Poor little man! I am just waiting to get a call from preschool about that one!OK...you are not going to believe this, but his preschool nurse JUST called! They were worried that he had pinkeye. She said it looks more like an allergic reaction than an injury. It's always somethin'!
I can't hide my selfish sadness that you are leaving my state, but your house looks amazing! How were you able to get all of that done? And how did you design that bathroom? I would have never thought to choose those colors, but I completely LOVE it! Do you have some sort of interior design backround that you aren't sharing? Seriously, I was so impressed with your improvements (amd I'm sure Ralph deserves some credit, too).
I should have sent this in an email; sorry this "comment" is so lengthy. We English teachers are too verbose! You guys are all in my thoughts as you prepare for the big move.
I guess because most of the foods he ate were either white or fleshy-colored (cucumbers, cheerios, mozzerella, turkey sticks, freeze-dried apple), the camera didn't pick up a lot of the mess I saw with my eyes! Next time I'll give him brightly-colored foods and let him go to town! ;)
Post a Comment