1. I'm in one of the Scarsdale salad places I like to frequent when I hear the following exchange:
Helpful Hippy Highschooler: "Hey, did anyone drop their keys?"
Well-dressed middle-age 'Lady Who Lunches', with alarm in her voice: "Does it say LEXUS?!"
Helpful Hippy Highschooler, examining keys: "It says.... Ford?"
Well-dressed middle-age 'Lady Who Lunches', disinterested: "Oh."
Everyone quickly turns back to their salads and the NY Times.
2. I make appointments for Jake and I at the local doctor's office in 'downtown' Scarsdale:
Doctor's Office Co-pay: $10.00
(Mandatory) Valet Parking for 1.5 hours including SUV surcharge: $8.00
What the heck???? Parking fees now rival quality medical care??? I sure as heck know the guy who parked my car didn't have a degree from Johns Hopkins.
3. Within a one mile stretch today (in nearby Greenwich, CT), I saw not ONE, but TWO Ferrari 550 Maranellos. For anyone who isn't familiar, this is a car that cost more than our house in Delaware. It has a top speed of 199 mph. It is also the one car that literally makes me weak in the knees upon seeing it. Jake heard gutteral noises coming from me when we drove past the first one (a convertible); by the time we saw the second one, he must have thought his mother was having a seizure.



4 comments:
Lol, you are too funny. I like the third coment! Ive never seen one of those cars nor will I since I live in Wisconsin
Oh, sheesh. Any way it was the SAME Ferrari you saw twice?
Mandatory valet parking? A surcharge for an SUV? It costs EXTRA to have someone park one? I bet the charge extra for Ferraris, too. But what are you gonna do? As earth-friendly as it would be, I don't think I'll be biking with my MSC to the doctor anytime soon. Or ever.
You sure don't live in Delaware anymore. Or Kansas. Or Minnesota, for that matter. Don't go becoming One Of Them, now, though!! (I doubt you would.)
Nope. Two different Ferraris. One parked convertible, one driving hardtop.
If it wasn't such a traffic-congested area, I would try to walk there. But there are HUGE hills, and, again, lots of traffic. Jake's pediatrician validated the parking, so it was only $2, I'll have to see if my doc (different office, same professional building) validates too.
I can fully assure you- I will NEVER become One Of Them. Although... the Ferrari part would be reaaaalllly nice! :)
Just to clarify:
First visit to the doctor (for me), $8 in parking.
Second visit to the doctor (for Jake), I asked them to validate after sticker shock from first visit; $2 in parking. (still charged the $1 SUV surcharge).
Post a Comment