Just trying to catch up with the blogging - still some great stuff to come! Does everyone else feel as busy as I've felt lately? Wasn't it just August a few days ago? And now Ralph tells me a week from today that it will be October already? Whaaa?
Anyway, back a few weeks ago, we went up to visit Jake's Aunt Laura (aka my sister-in-law, aka Ralph's sister, aka Sis, etc) for her 19th birthday. She is in her sophomore year at the University of Connecticut which is about 2 hours north of here. The campus was beautiful and the weather was perfect and we all had a great time. (Miss ya sis! Come home so we can go to Katzy's again!)

The campus is HUGE!

Jake took a short nap in the stroller.

Laura and her roommates

I LOVE this series I caught of the birthday girl and her proud mama. They looked so cute and luckily I was able to quickly grab my camera and my portrait lens before anyone ran off or got distracted (or noticed me shooting and became aware of the camera).

Jake gets a little love from the ladies...


Jake literally went from table to table in the student union to dance for everybody. This table full of co-eds found Jake particularly amusing... I'm really gonna have my hands full with this kid :)


2 comments:
What fun! Jake is such a lil ham, I love it. I still can not get my pictures in boxes like you have, I dont know what I am doing wrong
I agree with Kim - he is a ham! I think the little boxes make the storytelling flow so nicely. I'm excited to say I hope to soon be joining you, Kim, and Jennifer in the world of digital SLR as soon as I can convince my husband that I can't be a professional photographer with my little point and shoot. I've found some good packages on ebay for the REBEL XTi that have a 18-55mm (or something close to that), 70-300, and a wide angle converter. I'm hoping to snag an 28-90mm as a catch all lens, but it's hard to get all my bases covered and make sure there's enough memory when I only "have" $800-$900 to spend.
Bout time I delurked huh? Or have I already? Either way, I wanted to tell you how much I admire your work and your sense of humor.
Post a Comment