
According to my friend Jennifer, today (or this week) is Delurking Day. For those who are not familiar with the term, it roughly translates to: I know you are secretly reading my blog without commenting! I'd be so happy to know who reads these blogs. I work very hard on them and I'd feel a lot better knowing someone other than me and Jake's two Grandmas (BLATANT LURKERS!) are reading the blog. So be brave today! Stop lurking in the back and come on out and say HELLO! Did you know that every time you view the baby blog without commenting, Jake cries? Do you want to make my baby cry? I didn't think so. I know there are at least ten times more readers than commenters (that's what my site meter tells me). Jake would love to 'meet' you and say hi! Please, think of the children.


17 comments:
Talk about hitting below the belt! :-)
Oh good, I thought it was Jake wanting to come out of his crib, or wanting to HOLD the ice cream bar that I am have in my hand(as having a taste with daddy's help just won't do it), or wanting something to drink, or not wanting to go to bed, that was making him cry all these months. It turns out that it is all the people that read blogs and don't comment!! I feel much better now. So all we need is about 40-50 comments today and we can watch the Yankee game tonight in peace! :)
I'll admit that I have been lurking on your blog. Found your site through Jennifer's. Love your photos and your boy is a total cutie!
I don't know that I consider myself a lurker, as I've posted comments a few times. But just in case -- here I am!
Hi Kristen, Ralphie, Carrie and Emily! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments! :) That wasn't so bad, was it?
But, I have to mention that Jake has cried at least twice today. So there must still be people lurking without commenting! I hate to see Jake cry....
(tee hee)
Oh Kelly, you are cracking me up today! I don't know how people could NOT de-lurk with a post like this!
Ahhh, I thought your title was smashing (nice take). Then, I read your post. Jake crying when someone doesn't comment!? Who writes this stuff!? So, that was good. Then I read your husband's comment. Man, you guys are a laugh a minute. You take phenomenal photos AND you have such a fun way with words. I'm glad to "know" you, Kelly! (Like how 2 of your delurkers came via me!?! I do what I can "for the children.")
I wanted to lodge a formal protest on behalf of Jake's two Grandpa's. It's not just the Grandmas out there who wait attentively every day for an update on baby Jake- only to be usurped by glamour shots (complete with virtual drool) of Ferraris, Lamborghini's, Apple stores and the like. And to think we'd be chastised for inducing the dear child's crying only because we sometimes choose to view without a written response! It leaves me at a loss for words...
G-diddy
Being an anonomous viewer of Jakes blog myself I must agree with G-diddy.
To a wee child like Jake knowing someone named Aunt is watching for his next step could scare the poor lad and bring him to more tears than a Yankee game lasts. That would be very displeasing to his father. So some of us will continue to remain anonymous:)
Can anyone tell where I get my sarcasm from? Could it possible be genetic??? :)
Kelly, I refuse to accept being called a "lurker" because I comment every once in a while (plus I blatantly tell you how much I adore your blog). But I also cannot be responsible for causing your son one moment of unhappiness, so I am commenting for him! :)
Thanks so much to everyone who came out of hiding and said hello! Bravo to the brave souls! :) I know a few of you are still guilty of reading without commenting, but I'm just glad you continue to stop by. Anybody else out there that wants to pipe up? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
And yes, Mom, pictures of Jake will be back up soon. :)
Kelly, I do not know you or your family but I am a friend of the Tallents family (Ross's side of the family) and Jill has your site on their blog so I stop by every so often and look at your adorable son and your amazing pictures! I want to get into the photography field and it's nice seeing other peoples work. Jake is so adorable I just have to tell you, so now you know where another person that reads your blog. Keep on blogging!
I'm guilty. I found your blog through Kim and Jennisa. I love your photography and your sweet baby!
Hi Jake and Kelly!!!!
Remember Tracy and Lexa from Delaware!!! Ha! Yes, we lurk on occasion. Love to hear how you guys are doing and compare notes on our adorable babies! Also...I must confess...I use your site as a shortcut to Lilah's blog too!
Keep the posts coming, we love to hear about your adventures in New York. Take Care!
I lurk yopur blog all the time but you already know that! lol I do however leave comments.... oh Jake don't cry it'll be alright b/c your mommy is teaching me different techniques that I love!
I commented you back on my page
Post a Comment