Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tummy Time Surprise!

All the parenting advice I read told us to make sure that Jake spends some supervised time each day on his stomach to help build up the muscles in his back and neck. Since babies these days are placed on their backs to go to sleep, they don't spend a whole lot of time on their stomachs and tend to get fussy when placed face down. So we would try to give him some tummy time, but Jake used to HATE being on his stomach!

Imagine my surprise (at 2 am) last night when I went to check on the fussing little boy and found him on his belly! I knew he recently learned to roll onto his side, but I had never seen him turn over onto his belly before! I put him back on his side, gave him the binkie, and went back to bed.

We fed him at 7 am (okay, Ralph fed him and I slept), and Ralph put Jake back in the crib while I took a shower. Here is how Jake was placed in his crib when I got in the shower:


And this is what I saw when I got out of the shower 15 minutes later!


Apparently someone is on the move! Our little 19 week old is going to be attempting to climb out of his crib before we know it! here he is smiling as usual, but this time it's while he is on his belly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris said Jake looks like a model. Maybe the future spokesperson for "Huggies". BTW - The Picture People are having some cutest baby contest. (I just heard about it, I don't know the details)

Kelly said...

Ha! Jake and Ruthie are unwillingly forced into being my models. The photo sessions usually end when one of them cries or poops in the yard. I'll let you figure out who does what.