Monday, September 18, 2006

The baby is REALLY sick.

Poor little Jake-a-boops has been pretty much sick since the day he went to daycare, but this weekend was really bad - fever, lethargy, severe congestion, extremely runny nose, decreased appetite. We had a couple late-night calls into the doctor, who prescribed baby Tylenol and baby Advil to bring down the fever, which seemed to work some. We were still giving him Robitussin for the cough and congestion. He seemed better yesterday and this morning, so I took him to daycare. They called me around 11:30 and told me he had a fever of 101.8. They send the babies home if they reach 101.5 or higher.

I am on deadline with a catalog here at work, so Ralph came to get Jake at the daycare. I called the doctor again and got an appointment for this afternoon. By the time Ralph got Jake to the doctor, his fever was up to 103! The diagnosis: BRONCHITIS! Ugh, I could cry. I feel so bad that I can't be with my baby boy right now. Stupid work. (Yes, technically, I am taking ten minutes out of my work day to blog about this, but I am going right back to work!).

Poor little baby Jake is so sad and lethargic and I just feel so bad for him. He has been ordered to stay home from daycare until at least tomorrow, probably Wednesday too. He is on a 5 day antibiotic now. The doctor said it was a good thing we had been giving him the Robitussin, or else it could have turned into pneumonia.

As soon as I finish my stupid work for the day, I am running home to smother my poor little guy with kisses. And then back to work again...ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a little of what you are feeling. Maddy's been sick for the past week. (the first time for her so far) I didn't like it one bit. She still managed to be in good spirits but when she coughs I cringe. One because of the pain I knew she was (is still) feeling and two because several times it was followed by vomit. Our Ped said to give her baby tylenol and ride it out. No robitussin. (and now I'm second guessing our Ped after Jake's experience) The kicker for the weekend... Chris and I were both sick too. Just bad colds, but we couldn't get as much rest as we would have in "pre-Maddy" days.

I feel for poor little Jake. I hope he gets better soon. Give him a big hug and kiss for me! ....sorry to babble....

Anonymous said...

Poor little Jake...he has been so sick! Hopefully he is feeling better soon. Maybe that day care needs a good Lysol cleaning!! And some antibacterial wipes!

Hopefully Jake will build up some immunity from all this. Kyler has not been sick yet, but we all know it is just a matter of time and we are not looking forward to it!!