So I had to serve Jury Duty today. Which wouldn't be so bad, but my employer doesn't pay for Jury Duty service (argh). And I have NO vacation time left, NO sick time left, nothing - I had to give it all up for maternity leave. So I had to pay for daycare for the day, while I went unpaid. Argh argh argh. Not fun.
But Jury Duty wasn't so terrible. I ended up not having to serve on a trial and was excused from service. I was terrified that I might have to serve on a drawn-out, month-long trial, not get paid for that month, and end up broke and homeless. (LOL) While waiting to see if I was picked for another trial, I happened to chat with the nicest older gentleman who was serving with his wife today. He turned out to be a former Governor of Delaware! You never know who is sitting next to you, or standing in line next to you, and Delaware is a small state. He jokingly offered to watch Jake for me so I could serve on the two-day trial with his wife - ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment