So are you all ready for stupid daycare rule #483? This one is just insane.
(Warning: Another gross post...)
I go to pick up Jake at daycare on Wednesday evening (after being out sick Monday and Tuesday), and they tell me that Jake is not allowed to attend daycare on Thursday. Apparently, if a child has diarrhea twice in one day, they are sent home for 24 hours. This is the official language on my big yellow form that had to be signed in duplicate:
Your child was sent home due to illness highlighted below. Per State of Delaware "Delacare" guidelines, sympotoms requiring removal/exclusion for 24 hrs...include: Acute diarrhea, characterized as two (2) times the child's usual frequency of bowel movements with a loose consistency within a period of twenty-four (24) hours; a handwritten note also tells me that Jake was determined enough to poop through two (2) sets of clothes.
So let me get this straight - my kid can't go to daycare cuz he POOPS too much? Lord, I wish I could use this excuse at work: "Sorry boss, can't make it in today - I am feelin REALLY regular." So Jake stayed home and I tried to work from home and we traded Jake off between Ralph and I so that we could each at least get some work done. Jake even went into work with me so I could approve the printer's proofs for my catalog. He had a great time being passed around the office by my girlfriends. Hmmm... you think anyone would notice if I took him to work everyday and just had Lisa, Moni, Mary and Elizabeth watch him?
Pictures coming soon. Been CRAZY busy lately. But I know I hate it when my favorite bloggers don't post (not that I think this is anyone's favorite blog), so I figured a good poop story is better than nothing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment