I guess the most exciting thing that is going on is that Jake is finally crawling on his hands and knees, instead of the previous method of scooting in a military crawl. We were at the doctor's last week for his 9 month well-baby check-up...and flu shot. I always hate to see my baby get shots! :( He is now 9 months old, weighs 22 pounds and is 30 inches tall. Ruthie now outweighs Jake by only one pound!

Well, this morning I narrowly escaped a big fat scary speeding trap, in which I most certainly deserved a speeding ticket. I am an admitted speeder, and as much as I have tried to slow down in the past few years, and I have slowed down, I still find myself pushing it sometimes. And on mornings when we are running late and I am trying to make it to daycare ontime (or else Jake will be turned away for the day - don't get me started on that rule!), I have almost no choice but to make up the time on the highway. So this morning with all the fog, I figured the cops wouldn't bother setting up their usual speed traps because they wouldn't be able to see anything. Stupid assumption on my part. I still don't know how I didn't get pulled over, but I am darn thankful for it. The Lord has been hearing from me A LOT lately. Maybe I should begin to pray that my ears will work well enough to hear my alarm clock, and for my body to get the heck out of bed on-time in the morning!!!!

So Jake also got a new pair of shoes this weekend. I wandered down to Payless while Ralph was at Hair Cuttery and found a pair of $3 sneakers! How could I say no to that??? Very cute, especially now that he is trying to stand more and more often.

Jake had a nice time with Grandma and Grandpa Valentine this weekend, and he tried to console Uncle Danny on the Eagles loss. Ralph was kind enough to pack Jake's Eagles sweatsuit that Unlce Rick and Aunt Jackie gave him for Christmas... even though Ralph is still mourning his Giants loss.


No comments:
Post a Comment