Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New Pictures - Yea!

My poor child was starting to suffer from camera neglect. I did my part to save him from this awful affliction tonight. Captured photographic evidence of crawling, eating, and two new teeth. And the adorable outfit and new shoes mama got him...because apparently mama doesn't have anything better to do with her money...

My little sumo wrestler all bundled up for the cold weather - tee hee



His tiny slobbery fist



LOVE this one:




Accepting food from a spoon (rice cereal mixed with applesauce - not his favorite).



Hilariously deciding not to accept any more food.



Crawling on his hands and knees. Ruth is smart to stay out of the way on the couch...not in her nice bed that I spent a half-hour cleaning the other day - there it is empty in the upper right hand corner.



Two shots of him 'feeding' himself. The spoon becomes a chew-toy.





The new teeth on the top! Look closely - very closely. They're there. Seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Kelly:

A) Jake is waaaaaaay too cute. Seriously. His eyes, eyelashes, lips...

B) Your photos are now officially TOO good for me to be happy for you that you are such a superb photographer. I am not happy. I am depressed. Can I be you, just for ONE day!?!?

Okay, kidding (mostly) about B. I'm happy for you and for Jake and for the rest of us who get to see your pictures that you are so amazing. I do want to be you. Could you tell me, in the photos of his fist and the two of him "feeding himself," how did you get the light so beautiful!?!?!? Is he just by a window? Or did you have some special, ultra-beautifying light positioned on him? If I promise never to surpass your photographing prowess, can you give me just a glimmer of a hint into your photographic skills? (And to think, MY friends want tips from ME because they think I'M great. I am so not ever letting them meet YOU!) What kind of a camera do you exactly have?

Jennifer

P.S. Was this comment WAY too sarcastic to send to someone I have never actually met? I am hoping not,and am banking on the hilarious satire I have read in your blog.

P.P.S. How do you know Adrienne?

Kelly said...

Just for the record y'all - I am not paying Jennifer to lavish compliments on me! But whew - am I flattered! Thanks so much for the compliments, but I have a LOT to learn. I learn the most by seeing what other photogs do, trying to figure out how they do it, and then taking every free photography tutorial I can find online. My goal this year is to go to an intense photography seminar or conference, to learn how to do things the right way.

Lighting: I bounce my accessory flash off the ceiling. I am looking to get a diffuser to put on the end of my flash. I've found that the on-camera flash is almost never a good idea. I then do extensive digital darkroom work in Adobe Lightroom. It's like Photoshop on crack. Don't know what I did before Lightroom. Well... I did Photoshop, and I still use Photoshop, but Lightroom is where it's at. I have used Photoshop for about 10 years as a graphic designer, and it has helped my photographs tremendously.

Camera: I shoot with a Canon Digital Rebel XT (while I save up for a Canon 30D). The lenses I keep in my bag are: a Canon 18-55mm f/3.5 that came with my camera; a relatively slow (read: cheap) Quantaray macro/telephoto lens (70-300mm, f/5.6); and as soon as Amazon delivers it, I will have a nice fast Canon 50mm f/1.8! Woo-hoo! I also have a fish-eye lens that I can screw onto my 18-55, but it rarely delivers a great picture. My flash is a cheapo Quantaray flash and module.

P.S. - No comment is way too sarcastic for me! :)

P.P.S. - Adrienne is a friend of a friend. How awesome is she??

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit with matching hat, complete with sneakers! And I am SO jealous that Jake now has two MORE teeth! Glad to see he's eating more than just fruit puffs!!