Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Cross-country visits, part 2

Before I left to come out to California, my parents drove out to NY to stay the night with us and take Jake and Ruthie back home with them to Pennsylvania while I'm gone. (Thanks mom & dad!) I miss my little boy but I know he's in good hands. Plus, he loves to hang out with Grandma & Grandpa. :)

My flight out of NYC was very early - 7am! (and I am NOT a morning person). I slept some on the flights, but I was pretty tired by the time I landed in LA. I picked up my tiny plastic rental car and was off to Glendale, CA to stay with Ralph's Aunt Cathy, Uncle Bobby and the kids: Brennan, Kylie, Dylan and Gavin. We went to this really cool Christmas Parade in Montrose. Stupid me didn't bring my camera, but if I had, you would see pictures of the cutest little town in California and all of the neat floats in the parade, and the yummy churros I stuffed my mouth with. By the time the parade was over and we got home, I was exhausted. I went to bed at 8pm (Pacific Standard Time), but I had been up since 4:30 am (Eastern Standard Time) and had only about 3 hours of sleep. I slept at least 12 hours that night in the world's most cushy bed :)

We had some time before church to take a few family pictures. They have this great Spanish-style 1920's house with this amazing staircase, and the beautiful California sunlight spilling in. I knew immediately it was the spot I wanted to use for the photos.


(I haven't edited these at all and just grabbed one that looked like fun. I can't wait to see them all on my big Mac when I get home and can edit everything for real!)

Stay tuned for more California fun, including walking on the picket lines for the Screen Writers Guild Strike here in LA with my friend Chrissy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

It's the Screen Actors' Guild.

We're just the Writers' Guild.

You're totally LA now you should know that ;o)

Kelly said...

D'oh! I stand corrected!

Carrie said...

Looks like you're having fun in the sun Kelly. Here in MN the van's thermometer read -1 tonight.
I look forward to seeing the edited version of an already great and very fun family photo.