So we're blogging on free-ish internet provided by Denver International Airport and their sponsors whose ginormous ads grace the tops of my browser windows. Anywhoo...
We rejoin our story in fabulous Hollywood, California. Our friends Chrissy and Jeremy have a great apartment in the Hollywood Hills, just blocks from Hollywood Blvd. This is the view from their street... wow-zuh!

We trekked down to Hollywood Blvd, walked along the stars on the Walk of Fame, passed Groehman's Chinese Theater, then had great hamburgers, fries and onion rings (and a jug of Chardonnay) at 25 Degrees in the Roosevelt Hotel with some friends.


The next day, I went picketing with Chrissy and her writing partner Jessica (one of my 2008 brides!), who write for a major network 'Must-See-TV' comedy series. (Not sure if it's kosher to mention the name, so I'll hold off unless Chrissy gives her blessing).



Anyway, picketing is HARD WORK! It was pretty cool getting traffic to honk for hours on end in front of the FOX studios, but it was exhausting!!! And no, there weren't any Hollywood starlets passing out doughnuts and coffee. There were heavy signs, lots of pacing back and forth in the sun, and blistered ankles. I was so exhausted after picketing on Monday that we came home and I napped for the rest of the afternoon!


Chrissy made an awesome dinner that night(Jeremy you are a lucky man!) and they sent me on my way down to Orange County for my photography workshop. More on that next post!


7 comments:
Hopefully Chrissy sent you home with a manual for how to make an "awesome dinner". Even a crappy dinner would do at this point.
Love,
Husband
Ralph, you and Chris should talk. His complaint is that I can cook, but I don't!
ummmm
can I have your life kell?
Im stuck here in MN with 8 inches of snow and kids walking up the walls...did I mention snotty noses too? Ummm I will picket in CA for those writers and Um Kelly I will be your personal assistant and cook for you any time...oh and did I mention I will wipe off your lense for the camera any time you'd like.
Love ya.
Jill
Crappy dinner coming right up, dear! Do you want fries or onion rings with your #3 combo?
Jill - when can you start? ;)
well--since my hubby didn't come home tonight for the dinner that I made (he worked on sunday and then his computer crashed and he had to start all over and Im having trouble getting my kids to eat PB and J since they won't like the dinner I made Ross and I ) I can start anytime!
Jill
Hmmm, free-ish internet? Because of the ads?
Anyway, fun to hear about your trip, post by post!
Can't believe you picketed! How memorable:) Good for you!
Post a Comment