
Ralph, who loves to bust my chops whenever he can, mentioned that this is becoming Kelly's blog, rather than Jake's blog lately. I can't disagree with him...

So tonight, while Jake was doing his millionth cute thing (playing in all of the large cardboard boxes in our dining room), I stopped what I was doing and ran upstairs for the camera. Good thing I did! I managed to snap off almost 375 pictures in 12 minutes. No, that is not a typo. The rental camera shoots 5 frames per second. Seriously. (My good camera is STILL broken, receipt is STILL missing.... ugh ugh ugh)

Cute thing I did not manage to take pictures of: Jake is really into kissing lately. In the middle of a total meltdown, he will gladly stop to give me a quick smooch when asked, and then go back to flailing and screeching. We request kisses incessantly. Our only complaint is that when he kisses Ralph or myself on the lips, he forgoes the smooch sound. Yet, when he kisses the dog, there is an audible smooch sound. So tonight, he went around kissing everything - Christmas tree, dog, chair, mommy's arm, floor, daddy's head, Christmas tree lights, dog again, toys, bouncy ball, everything! The cutest part is that he was so concentrated on making his kissie-smooch noises on everything else that he even managed to give mommy and daddy a kissie-smooch noise or two! Cutest. Thing. Ever.

He knew he had to be especially cute today after last night's public meltdown at a holiday party hosted by Ralph's friends and their impeccably well-behaved 20 month old son. Jake was that kid last night - screaming, flailing, hitting, stealing toys, making a mess with food, throwing a fit when disciplined, etc etc etc. I was the mortified mom. I had flashbacks of my own mother circa 1983, with my little brother. Let's pray Uncle Danny hasn't been passing along his trade secrets to Jake...



7 comments:
Dang Jake is a cute kid! Gotta love that smile, fo sho'! lol
Landen will absolutely NOT stop in the middle of a meltdown to give me kiss, it would be more of a slap across the face, I want to use a certain the name of a certian kind of slep but didn't really know if it would be blog appropriate.
375 pics in 12 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.
what great pics! I love the one where you can see Jake's feet and Ralph's leg. (do I see a denim ad?) Such neat intimate pictures!
Jake a boops returns!! Yeah!! Welcome back, Jake:) I like your foot.
Great pictures! Glad to see Jake is back!! We missed him!
No lets relive Danny Days.....can we pleeease. I love the meldowns on Trudy Way...Especially your mom running after him while he was running around Naked! Oh do you have it coming Kelly!
Jill
HA! Yup Jill, you remember those days! :)
Anyone who grew up with me (and my brother) should have no questions as to why I'm in no hurry for #2.
(P.S. - Love ya, Dan!)
I had two of THOSE kids with me at two different stores yesterday. We've all been there and I can see you have a wonderful sense of humor about it. :)
I love that you take pictures of every day things. I'm trying to do that too. Before long they won't be in a crib so get 'em while you can! I remember some photographs you posted of Jake at your old house in his room so I made sure I got some of my own kids chilling (I really like getting sleeping ones). It's fun to look back and see how they've grown. From barely being able to see over the rail to being a foot taller than it. My kids aren't climbers either - thank goodness!
Post a Comment