1. I FOUND MY PASSPORT!!!! This means that I can go to the DMV tomorrow and FINALLY get my NY driver's license!!! I have been looking for my passport and/or my birth certificate for MONTHS now and just found it at the bottom of a box along with our marriage certificate. Woo-Hoo!
2. THE 'GOOD' CAMERA IS FINALLY GETTING REPAIRED!!!! I called the camera shop where I bought the camera - turns out they can look up my receipt and my warranty info!!! I took it there today and they sent it off to be repaired!! Woo-Hoo Number 2!!
3. JAKE IS ON THE COVER OF A CATALOG!!!! A month ago, I took Jake to my father's company to see if he might be able to participate in a model shoot with some other kids for the cover of their Infant/Toddler catalog. Jake's nap schedule was totally off and he was a complete pain in the rear for the whole shoot. Along with fussing, crying, and running off the set, he actually sat down in the middle of shooting and tried to move his bowels....how lovely. I left assuming there was no way he'd be in any of the pictures, but they managed to get ONE usable shot!! And they put it on the cover!!! My dad let me know that's it's going to the presses today, so I can officially show everyone! Here's the cover below. Woo-hoo, woo-hoo, woo-hoo!!!

(Just for the record, 39 exclamation points were used in this post. I tend to get a bit excited.)


9 comments:
That is so exciting! Exclamation points well used! Oh, your little star! (Don't let it go to his head...)
Sounds like someone's getting organized!!!
what fantastic news! All of it!!
1. AWESOME!
2. About time, but again AWESOME!
3. Super AWESOME!!!!! He's famous!
(8 exclamation points were used but not harmed in this post)
On a nother note, I re-commented on your comment to me about the "Thorn in my side" post, I revised it, sorry I mis-lead you.
All that exciting news is most definitely worth every exclamation point! I will always regret losing my passport. It had stamps in it from Europe that you don't get anymore with the EU.
I bet you'll sleep good tonight not having to worry about the receipt anymore!
And the catalog COVER - WOW! Those are great keepsakes. We have at least three copies of Julia's ad at our house, just in case one gets misplaced as most things tend to do in our house.
I never commented back when you talked about all the things that were missing from the move. I can completely relate even though we haven't moved yet. Packing 1/2 of our stuff because we thought we'd be moving within a month or two means that now we can't find anything in our basement without digging through the 20 poorly marked boxes. No cookbooks, no Christmas books, no CD's, no VHS movies....
Oh to be settled somewhere...anywhere!!!!
Carrie - I NEVER want to move again! I get more and more bitter and angry each time I move. Although I have to admit, I've thrown out A LOT lately because I just wanna get through the boxes and never see half of this crap again. Argh! I want to have a place for all of the things of value, and just toss everything else.
Oh my word! Jake is famous! And I know Jake*! So I am famous*!
*okay, not really
Kelly, thank you again for ALLOWING us to use your adorable son in our catalog cover. I am so excited - the printed catalog arrived in the office earlier this week - and the cover is fabulous - the inside has some neat stuff as well! I also really liked the shot you took at home with Jake and the Rollipop. PS - I visit this blog often, but this is my first post :)! Kim Myers
i will be looking forward to when our new abc catalog arrives at the school and the kids will not be allowed to tear this one apart.
Post a Comment