Tonight as we put Jake into bed and did our little kisses and silly nightly routines (gather the binkies, give him his bottle, crawl under the crib to herd his tossed toys, kiss him through the crib bars), I realized this would be the last time in 2007 that I would kiss my little boy goodnight.
I scooped Jake back up out of the crib, asked for a hug, and held him tightly. I put him back in and held his perfect face in my hands and just spent a moment taking all of him in.
We put our hands together and prayed for a minute and I made sure that the last words I spoke in 2007 to my son were, "I love you."
I hope that each of us can pause for a moment to tell our little ones (and big ones) how much we really do love them and what a precious gift they truly are. (Yes, you, reading this right now!) Have a blessed New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment