Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Just chillin in my crib

Sometimes Jake will wake up from his nap ("Ma! Ma! MAAAA! Daa? Maa? MAAA!") and I will go into get him, and he's just laying there chillin. I'll ask him, "do you want to come out?" And he'll shake his head "no." But he wants me to sit next to him. So I sit down on the floor outside of his crib, and we play. He'll give me one of his binkies, then try to steal it back from me, then he'll toss things out of the crib for me to retrieve. Sometimes he'll stay in there for a while after his nap. Usually it's just a few minutes and then he decides he does want to come out, but I'm glad he enjoys his crib and feels comfortable there. He seems to have no ideas about climbing out of the crib either, which surprises me! We'll see....






My talented child....



5 comments:

Kim said...

Landen and I have talked about this, it was a very serious conversation and we have decided that we want to met Jake and his mama! We love how cute and talented Jake is and think that the two would have fun playing together!!!!!

Kelly said...

Yeah, Jake and I need to get out to meet all of our Minnesota friends! (Jennifer, Kim and of course Jill!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, that second shot is MONEY. Money. And, um, two pacifiers? Can't say I'd ever imagined that.

When I go to get Cullen, he often doesn't want me to get him up, but he SURE doesn't want me just walking out, either (trust me, I've tried. my eardrums are still recovering). What an odd little quirk, in my opinion. Anyway, nice that you sit by Jake and take beautiful photos of him when he doesn't want to get up yet. Usually I just tell Cullen, "Well, it is time to get up!" And just grab him. His bedroom is downstairs and I didn't want to go all the way down there for nothing! Ahh, so glad to see you're not a terrible, heartless mother like me;)

Anonymous said...

okay help kelly- you techno wizard
for some reason i can't put my fav sites on my blog and no one can click on them anymore--and by the way why can't i customize my blog to look cute like yours'? help me girlfriend.....oh by they way.
Wyatt also loved 4-5 nuks in bed with him at one time.....glad he was 3 1/2 when we finally got rid of those....
jill

Anonymous said...

Double-binkie! That's impressive and freakin adorable!