If nothing else, being a mom is hilarious:
Jake fell asleep in his swing last night before I usually put him to bed, and he didn't want to wake up for a feeding when I changed him before I went to bed. I put him to bed knowing he would wake up hungry in the middle of the night, which he did at 3 am. He woke up again at 7 am, and sucked down an unprecedented 10 ounces. He was happy and awake so I decided to get up for the day (this is very early for us), and give him a bath. He made a little fountain for me in the bath tub (unbelievably the first time he has done that), and had a great time splashing in the water. As soon as I got him nice and clean and dry, and changed him into a cute outfit, he made a big poop. Of course he waited til he was all nice and clean to do that. So when I tried to change him, he somehow managed to get his feet in the poop and smeared it all over his butt, his feet, and the clean changing pad. If that wasn't bad enough, as I am cleaning it up, he was trying to force out some more poop and managed to also pee all over himself too. What else can you do but laugh?
I asked him if he had anything else left for me - I swear he seemed to shrug as if saying... "Ah, I'll surprise you!"
We managed to make it to daycare the earliest we have gotten there so far. I was so proud of myself this morning! I might even get a full day's worth of work done today (if only I get off the damn internet and do my work!!)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment