Monday, July 31, 2006

I miss my little guy!

Jake turned 4 months old yesterday. He has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, and I am really excited and curious to see how big he has gotten. Soon he will outgrow his carseat! He can only be in his current carseat until 22 pounds and/or 29 inches tall. He is speeding toward both at an alarming rate. I thought this carseat would last the whole first year.

Speaking of his carseat, I saw this picture on People.com of Matt Damon, his wife, step-daughter and their 7 week old baby girl. I thought it was so neat to see that a movie star has the same carseat we do! (For the record, this is the Graco Snugride Infant Carrier, the top-rated infant car seat for safety, and not some shee-shee frou-frou movie star type carseat, ok?) Here is the carseat snapped into a stroller-like infant carrier base unit.



So Jake has been in New York all weekend while I stayed home to clean up the house, get some laundry done, catch up on freelance, and well... just to get some extra sleep and relaxation! :) But I miss my little man! (And my big man, too for that matter). Ralph and Jake are currently on their way home from New York - I can't wait to see them (ok, and the corner slice of Sicilian pizza they brought me from Sal's - yummmmm).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there....
I don't know about you, but it's been almost impossible to keep up with normal day to day chores since Maddy was born. It drives me crazy. At the advice of Chris, I'm trying to learn to deal with it. But, I'm ready to move. I need more space! Hope your men got home safe! (and the pizza too)

Kelly said...

Maddy's mama is right - the second you bring a baby home, the house shrinks to half its size!